Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8UHFS Mixing Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:02 AM
PeteS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8UHFS Mixing Question

This problem has me stumped. I am putting together a U-CAN-DO 60 and want to use an on-board glow igniter. I have used this before and all you need to do is mix the glow igniter channel with the trottle so it goes on at low throttle. Problem: The only channel I have available for the glow igniter is channel 5. I cannot get this to work. I have everything set up but no mixing from throttle to ch 5 is occurring. It must have something to do with ch5 being controlled by the retract switch "G". The only way to get the glow igniter to go on is to flip switch "G". This is not nearly as desireable as controlling the igniter via the throttle ch3.

I must be missing something here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8UHFS Mixing Question

I am trying to do this from memory since I sold my 8U's about 2 years ago.
WHen you mix the throttle to channel 5 you need to set an offset or an on position.
I think you move the throttle to the desired on.off position and press a couple of buttons on the 8U's
This will make it so the channel is on at that position or below.