Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr x347 needing a reciever

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
johnfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr x347 needing a reciever

I have been out of the loop for a few years and am looking at getting back in the hobby. still have all of my old stuff including a jr 347. My question is can i still get the filght packs for this radio?? will other brands work??? the module on the transmitter says PCM,FM and i think it is switchable....
Thanks in advance for any help..... jb.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:19 PM
The Ghost

Default RE: jr x347 needing a reciever

You can buy a filght pack with either a JR R700(FM) or a JR NER649S(PCM) recivers or you will be able to buy a filght pack from Hitec but I don't know what reciver is in it.

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:36 PM
johnfly

what mode would be best pcm or fm..???
thks ghost .
Old 12-20-2004, 09:50 PM
old-pilot

The switching between PPM(FM) and PCM is done in the programming, not in the RF Module, the module works either way. Several mfgs make receivers that are compatable for the PPM mode. Your radio operates PCM in the "Z" class mode so the 649 receiver will not work. The JR600, JR700, 549 rx are ok. Don't remember about the JR770(PCM) (might be "S" class, my transmitter knows tho), altho I have been using them with very good luck. Even the old Galaxy receiver will work..Depends on your flying environment..

Roy C.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Mac_Man_UK

The 347 is, as old-pilot has said, a ZPCM transmitter (and PPM). The current range of Receivers are SPCM and PPM. The 649/770/800/900/1000DS are all SPCM and will not understand the ZPCM coding from the transmitter.

JR have effectively ceased production of the Z class receivers but there are still some lurking at the retailers. You would be needing to look for the likes of the 627Z, 628Z or the 638Z . Perhaps alternatively a search on EBay ?

[8D]
Old 12-22-2004, 12:49 PM
johnfly

thanks all for the help..
one last concern....when changing the crystals to match the frequency does the reciever need to be tuned?????? or can i just change the crystal and go.??
once again thanks for the assist. and "Merry Christmas" to all.