Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help me fix bad gimbal on my Real FLight TX

Old 12-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Mark Worthington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me fix bad gimbal on my Real FLight TX

I'm having a mechanical problem with my throttle/rudder gimbal on my Real Flight transmitter. Hopefully I can fix it myself and avoid the cost and delay of an "authorized" repair. The problem is that the throttle gets very hard to push past midway, and if I keep pushing it the rudder gimbal axis pin pops out of the hole in the case. I've started to disassemble it but am not really sure what to look for. I can post pics if you think that may help.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards,
Mark
Old 12-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

Default RE: Help me fix bad gimbal on my Real FLight TX

Hey Mark, I had the exact same thing happen to my G2 controller! Really irritating to fix too I'm afraid. I popped the back case off and found a small metal cylindrical part had fallen out of its place directly under and inline with the stick itself in a small hole. Its pretty much hidden behind the gimble mechanisms and I remember spending awhile trying to figure out what was wrong.

Basically I had to try to move the stick to a spot that enabled me to see the part and then use needle nose pliers to try to push it back in. I think it took over half an hour screwing around with it because its SO inaccessible. I was glad to have fixed it myself but wondered about the design.

Anyway, opening the case is really no big deal, only some screws. It'll take awhile likely but is doable and better than waiting for weeks. I'd send a pic but I already sold G2 on ebay for afpd.

Good luck.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:00 PM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Help me fix bad gimbal on my Real FLight TX

I buddy at the field yesterday had two Futaba's with the same problem.