Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help me decide between 2 ebay radios>PLEASE<

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:26 AM
prodigyflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide between 2 ebay radios>PLEASE<

First up, basically new Airtronics RD8000 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...957885714&rd=1 I have used this radio before, and it felt nice, but it was being used as any 4channel radio could have been used. I do not know much about ease of use on this radio.

Second is a New Hitec eclipse7 with a spectra model. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Both seem to be nice radio's, and I am dissapointed that I cannot afford to buy the radio that I have been using for the past year.(JR XP8103).

But, money is money, and its not like I can barter with people on this kind of subject.

I would like to buy a radio tomorrow early morning, as I am leaving for a 4 day trip, so speedy opinions are appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time fella's.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Help me decide between 2 ebay radios>PLEASE<

I have used both and they are excellent radios but I prefer the Hitec since you can choose your own channel basically--

Are they similar in price?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:48 AM
prodigyflyer
My Feedback: (5)

I forsee them both ending up near the same price.

RIght now the hitec is $190 with free shipping, and the RD8000 with probably end up near that price.

I am kicking myself in the face for blowing a purchase opportunity earlier this week. It was for a Brand new RD8000 with servos, receiver, x-tals, manual, the entire radio package, and it went for $208 shipped.

pffft, I forgot to check my account monday, and I ended up mssing out on a great deal.

Owell, live and learn, and it looks like I will be getting the hitec.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Ultimutt

If it's an 8103 you want, and you are already buying used, I have seen plenty for sale for around $180 here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...archid=1899581

Good luck,

Bryce