RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ultra stick 120 and 6XAS transmitter question

Old 12-30-2004, 11:29 AM
sea fury

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ultra stick 120 and 6XAS transmitter question

Is it possible to program ALL of the features of this plane with this radio? I will build with just standard ailerons but would like the option for all the other things. My main question is this: Can you couple the flaps and ailerons with this radio? I haven't been able to figure out if it will work.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:37 AM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ultra stick 120 and 6XAS transmitter question

I don't know about your radio, but my 7CAP can't do the flaps to aileron mix. What I decided to do is build a wiring harness with those Multiplex 6 pin connectors. I'm going to solder up two intermediate adapters, one will Y the aileron channels to the flap servos, the other will run the flap channel to a reverse Y to control the flaps and the ailerons will run straight through. That way I can decide how I want to fly when I put the wing on at the field.

Chris
Old 12-31-2004, 07:23 AM
jonne25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You certanly cannot with this radio. You need atleast 7chs to do that and the right radio that can give you that option. You cant do double elevator servos either but the ultra stick maybe doesnt have that option.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:53 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chris is apsolutely right your 6 channel radio will certienly not do this as our 7c radios can't give you the full span ailerons. the only radio I heard that can do this by futaba is the 9c . of course the new 14 channel one can two but I'm never going to pay $2100 for a radio. For now I will settle with my 7c till I buy the 9c.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:06 AM
RVator
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I fly my US 60 with a 6XA. I used a reversing Y on the flaps and used channel 5 "gear channel" for them and the ailerons on 1 and 6. By using the gear swich to drop the flaps and the airbreak switch to raise both ailerons up . I use a mix to add 12 % down elevator when the flaps go down and another 10% down with the airbreak on. It works great for now but I would really like the couple the flaps to the ailerons to pick up the roll rate but I will need another channel and a 9C radio for that. I have also flown 2 Ultra Stick Lites set up this way.