RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servos spazing!

Old 01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
srxripper
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servos spazing!

i hope you guys can help,

my elev and rudder servos start oscilating on a full charge 5.7v. but it seems when the batt starts to settle 5.3v the oscilation stops. when the oscilation on the rud and elev is going on the other servos are fine, which leads me to beleive its not a freqency problem. the servos are jr537 standard and r700 rx, both rud and elev have 18" heavy duty extensions and the batt is 2700nimh. the servos do have alot of time on them along with rest that arnt causing any problems?

is it because standard servos are no good for high volts, or that my servos pots are worn or dirty!

also the antenna is ran no where near the servo extensions, its ran to the wing tip
Old 01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Lynx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: servos spazing!

If it was the pots the problem wouldn't go away regularly like that, sounds more like it's just the high voltage?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:48 PM
BillS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: servos spazing!

First there has been a lot written about the servo oscillation subject in this forum.

But the bottom line seems to always turn out to be too many connectors or resistance in the connectors. Both conditions are really the same problem.

Bill