Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Sky & Technology Receiver, What Happened?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The Amazing Sky & Technology Receiver, What Happened?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:06 AM
shalo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Amazing Sky & Technology Receiver, What Happened?

I was looking through the August 2004 issue of Model Airplane News (Buyer’s Guide) when I came upon a receiver from Sky & Technology. http://www.sky-technology.net They have a 7ch single conversion and an 8ch duel that seem to be really amazing and if their claims are true, would blow away anything else out there. And, they are cheaper then the competition! However, when I went to buy one, I was told that there had been a manufacturing defect and the line was being reengineered. Does anyone know about this company? Does anyone have one of their receivers? If so, please tell us about your experience with it. It did sound like the best receiver I have run across but if it doesn’t work then what good is it.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:40 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: The Amazing Sky & Technology Receiver, What Happened?

Do a search here on RCU and you'll find plenty of discussion about these receivers.

It seems that quite a few people had problems with them (glitching) and found it wasn't worth risking a model to save a few dollars.

Maybe they'll get them sorted eventually but I'm happy using my Bergs.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
shalo
My Feedback: (2)

I did a search and Also went to http://www.4mht.com He is still selling the 8ch which, from what I was told, had a "manufacturing defect". If I decide to buy one of their new receivers, it will not be from this guy! In all fairness, the person I spoke to at http://www.sky-technology was offering a refund. It appears they want to make things right but I dont think he'll be buying anyone a new plane or heli. After doing a search, I got the impression that the original receivers were not completely thought out. Perhaps they were trying to do too much. I think most of use just want a receiver that only accepts our Tx and ignores everyone elses. And a failsafe either turning the engine off or locking everything to the last position might be nice. If they do get them ironed out, I would be willing to give them a try. But it will go into my shock flyer before it goes into one of my helis!
Old 12-14-2004, 03:51 PM
XJet
Banned

Yeah, the guy with the racoon on his shoulder made quite a few posts here in defense of these receivers (he even bought some advertising) but when I suggested (in a constructive manner) that he might benefit from losing that picture from his website (since it didn't look very professional) he spun out and got all abusive. From memory there were even hints at legal action.

So, in my considered opinion, you may be quite wise when you say "If I decide to buy one of their new receivers, it will not be from this guy!"
Old 12-17-2004, 02:42 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

I picked up one of the 8ch RXs at Toledo last April. Never made it into the air.

Seemed to work as advertised on the bench and in the backyard. Although, the antena was pretty thin and delicate. It works just fine with two totally different transmitters on different frequencies.

From what I read here, its probably not worth flying until I confirm that it works. I sent an email off to the contact shown on their website. Lets see what I hear back.

Bob
Old 12-17-2004, 02:58 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sky-tech never seemed to live up to all their promises according to all the posts i've seen on various sites.

i'm waiting for the canadian sombra labs to release their similar synthesized receivers and see how they do. so far i've seen a few good posts by "sombra" over on RCG with a lot of technical info and without all the hype that sky-tech was so good at, looks promising...

dave
Old 12-18-2004, 06:24 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i normally don't post PMs but in this case i will:

The following online vendors are selling Shadow-1:

.) DionysusDesign: http://www.dionysusdesign.com/
.) Great Hobbies: http://www.greathobbies.com
.) Bishop Power System: http://www.b-p-p.com/

We'll be adding more dealers to our distribution network and we'll be completely re-designing our website in the coming weeks to communicate better with our customers, the website will list all the dealers/vendors/distributers that will carry the product.

If you'd like to purchase a unit and experience any problems purchasing the units from the above mentioned vendors, please let us know and we'll try to do something about it.

Regards,

=============
Sombra Labs Inc.

[email protected]
Old 12-30-2004, 06:06 PM
tlrascal
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did not get abusive, just told you I didn't want your web design services. As to Sky and Technology I am still waiting on a new version. The raccoon is dead now after 15 years of being my faithful companion and my business is doing well.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:08 PM
tlrascal
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to read my ad a little closer. You will find I am not selling the receivers because they are not available. I am as dissappointed as anyone on the outcome so far.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:58 PM
espadet

ORIGINAL: XJet

Yeah, the guy with the racoon on his shoulder made quite a few posts here in defense of these receivers (he even bought some advertising) but when I suggested (in a constructive manner) that he might benefit from losing that picture from his website (since it didn't look very professional) he spun out and got all abusive. From memory there were even hints at legal action.

So, in my considered opinion, you may be quite wise when you say "If I decide to buy one of their new receivers, it will not be from this guy!"
HIS WEBSITE LOOKS AS GOOD AS IT DOES...

For more reference about this guy contact to:
Jason Stewart
Investigator
Arkansas Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division