Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

When to use noise supression buffers or toroids ????

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

When to use noise supression buffers or toroids ????

Old 01-08-2005, 06:20 PM
mar345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to use noise supression buffers or toroids ????

I 'm finishing a Pacific Aero 540T 60/100 with a Saito 91 for power. My aileron servo leads are 18 inches long to a Y connector and my elevator servo leads are 27 inches long to a Y connector. Do I need noise suppression in the form of toroids or buffers on these leads? How does one determine when they should be used ? My radio is new Airtronics.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:10 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When to use noise supression buffers or toroids ????

You should not need to use any supressors. I take it that you are running servo wires to the tail of your aircraft. Make sure they will not be flapping around loose. There are various ways of doing this. The placement of your RX antenna is also an issue. Keep it seperated from the servo leads. The most important thing, even if you have done the best installation, is to do a proper range check before you fly. I always do a range check with both engine off and on, check how the gasser pilots do it.