RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR PCM 9X

Old 01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
mike f

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR PCM 9X

I am currently using a Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitter for helicopters and would like to upgrade to something more up-market with a few more features.
My preference is the JR PCM 9X, but would it be compatible with my existing Hitec duel conversion receivers, and is there much difference between the original 9X and the new 9X version 2?

Thanks………Mike
Old 01-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR PCM 9X

Dont know about the compatability between Hitech & JR, but if you want to find out the differences between the 9X and the 9X2, look up the 9303.

Essentially the 9303 ( which is the US market set ) has been made available to the rest of the world as the 9X2. It has a few minor differences, in that the there is user stick mode change, and I do believe that it still supports ZPCM. Layout is same as the 9X.

I would hang slack until the 9X2 becomes available.

[8D]
Old 01-11-2005, 03:55 PM
mike f

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Mac for that information, would still be very interested if it would work my Hitec dual conversion receivers, maybe somebody out there can give me the answer.

Thanks..........Mike
Old 01-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I must be suffering from brain death !

If your hitech is a PPM receiver, then it will work. If its a PCM receiver then I would doubt it very much. As you are in Ozland, then this strange thing of + / - shift isn't relevant. ( Its a US based thing only to the best of my knowledge )
Old 01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
mike f

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Mac, I know its not PCM so it just might work.

Regards........Mike
Old 01-12-2005, 07:23 AM
GRANT ED

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi mike. I have the version 1 PCM 9X and am happy with it. If you ring Model flight someone there will be able to tell you the difference. I do know that V2 has more model memory. It does have a few other extras but I'm not sure what they are.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay, I posted this sometime ago when someone asked what the difference is between the 9X and the 9303.....

"The 9X and the 9303 share the same aero features, however when it comes to the Heli side and especially the Glider side, there are numerous additional mixes that are just not available on the 9X.

From what I have seen ( by comparing the manual to what we have here ) ..

Heli : Additional mixes increasing it from 3 to 6, Additional Governer function, Swash types increased from 4 - 6, Additional cyclic to throttle mixing for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder.

Glider : 5 Flight modes, the inclusion of the device select, flight mode delays, additional motor hold, increase in number of timers.

Additional is the increase from 20 - 30 model memories, the addition of Analog trim on the throttle ( some may say this is a step back, but its a personal choice ). "

Now, as the 9X2 is fundamentally the same as the 9303 I shall reword it to :-

"The 9X and the 93X2 share the same aero features, however when it comes to the Heli side and especially the Glider side, there are numerous additional mixes that are just not available on the 9X.

From what I have seen ..

Heli : Additional mixes increasing it from 3 to 6, Additional Governer function, Swash types increased from 4 - 6, Additional cyclic to throttle mixing for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder.

Glider : 5 Flight modes, the inclusion of the device select, flight mode delays, additional motor hold, increase in number of timers.

Additional is the increase from 20 - 30 model memories."

As I mentioned, the 9X2 that I have as a pre-production model retains the ZPCM functionality as well as the 4 Digital Trims thus making it user Stick Mode changeable.

Any further questions I will try and answer to the best of my knowledge.

[8D]
Old 01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
mike f

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Mac, for that in depth comparison. I guess all I need to know now is would it be compatible with my existing Hitec duel conversion receivers.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,

As long as its a PPM receiver. it should work.. If its PCM, then fraid not.

[8D]
Old 01-14-2005, 09:57 PM
mavdriver
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike it will work as long your hitec receivers are ppm ,fm only and yes dual conversion , i have a 10 X, and a 388 JR that i use to fly several airplanes and heli. with Hitec receivers hope that clears it up .
Old 01-25-2006, 08:59 AM
shauntot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Danny/MacMan,

Just wanted to ask, I've been eyeing a new radio and my mind is torn bet. a 9303 or a 9x2. They have a $15 diff. from where I'm from so it makes the decision even tougher. From what I gather on the threads here about the differences, here's what I collected: (please do correct me if I may have some info interchanged)

A)9x2 - 20 model memory
9303 - 30 model memory

B)9x2 - 4 digital trims, Z-PCM, stick mode interchangeable by user/software (mode 1&2)
9303 - 3 digital trims + 1 analog (throttle), NOT Z-PCM compatible, NOT stick mode interchangeable

C)9303 add-ons from 9x2

Aero: same

Is there anything else I'm missing out? Please enlighten me as I am keen on getting my hands on a JR radio (change from Hitec).

Thanks very much

Shaun
Old 01-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi shauntot,

In response.....

" A)9x2 - 20 model memory Wrong.... 30 Model Memories ( The original 9X had 20 model memories)
9303 - 30 model memory

B)9x2 - 4 digital trims, Z-PCM, stick mode interchangeable by user/software (mode 1&2) AND modes 3 & 4
9303 - 3 digital trims + 1 analog (throttle), NOT Z-PCM compatible, NOT stick mode interchangeable Can be made ZPCM compatible via Horizon

C)9303 add-ons from 9x2 The functionality seems to be the same, ie the 9XII has the extra Heli mixes, Gov function, extra swash mixes etc, In Glider mode, again the XII seems to be the same as the 9303, FM Delays, Device select etc etc

Aero: same

Glider : 5 Flight modes, the inclusion of the device select, flight mode delays, additional motor hold, increase in number of timers. "

The only other differences between the 9303 and the 9XII, is layout. The 9303 can come as an Aero version and there will be a pushbutton (instead of toggle switch) to activate the Snap Roll.

Apart from that, there isnt a great deal of difference betweeen them.

[8D]

Old 01-26-2006, 03:17 AM
shauntot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Mac, tnx so much for quickly replying. Just a few more questions if you don't mind, I posted the additional questions next to your replies below. Cheers

C)9303 add-ons from 9x2 The functionality seems to be the same, ie the 9XII has the extra Heli mixes, Gov function, extra swash mixes etc, In Glider mode, again the XII seems to be the same as the 9303, FM Delays, Device select etc etc - Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I think you got it a bit mixed up here - the statement in my prev. post says the 9303 has more heli mixes than the 9X2. To make it easier, which radio has more heli mixes?

The only other differences between the 9303 and the 9XII, is layout. The 9303 can come as an Aero version and there will be a pushbutton (instead of toggle switch) to activate the Snap Roll. - would this mean the 9X2 has no aero version then, only heli version ? (non-ratcheted throttle)
Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Shauntot,

No probs..... I just had a quick look at what I placed on the company website for the 9XII, this is what I copied.....

"30 model memory
Advanced Digital Trims
Large size, multi-line graphical display
Programmable multi-point curve mixing
CCPM swash-plate mixing (now including 140 CCPM)
Enhanced Glider Functions: 5 Flight modes, the inclusion of the device select, flight mode delays, additional motor hold, increase in number of timers
Additional Heli Functions: Additional mixes increasing it from 3 to 6, Additional Governer function, Swash types increased from 4 - 6, Additional cyclic to throttle mixing for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. "

So I think from this POV, it is the same as the 9303.

Re layout, the 9XII comes as a generic type. As the Japanese are predominantly Heli orientated, the layout equates more towards the Heli version of the 9303 BUT..... the throttle ratchet can be changed and the notched ratchet (Aero style) is included in the package.

Hope that helps, if you need anything else, just ask....
Old 01-26-2006, 06:59 PM
shauntot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh ok. if that is the case, i think i'll just go with the 9x2 then as it has 4 digital trims instead for the 9303 which has an analog throttle. Cheers Mac!