Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7cap problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Bad Tooth
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7cap problem

Have you guys ever heard of this happening? I went out to fly this morning and my rudder was coupled to my throttle stick, and the rudder stick does nothing?? At first, I thought it might be in some heli mode, but it isn't? I have 3 planes that I fly with this radio and they all do the same thing. So I know it's not my rx, or some servo problem. I can't figure it out? I haven't touched my radio for 2 weeks, and it worked fine then. There is even an end point adjustment screen where you can choose your channel, and when you move the stick the arrow points to the top % and then to the bottom %. The arrow in channel 4 does not move no matter which stick I move. If someone has heard of this please help.[>:]
Old 09-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Jarsu

Default RE: Futaba 7cap problem

Have you checked if there are any loose wires inside the radio? If the wires from the rudder pot go through some connector, it might have come loose.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Krysta

Hi Strupp22,

The first thing I would suggest is to make sure you are in Mode 2, if this is correct, then go into a blank model and see if the problem is there, if it is in the blank model also, then it sounds like an internal problem with the radio and would suggest sending it in for service.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 09-14-2004, 05:16 PM
locoworks

select a new model and go to the servo screen and observe the graphic for channel 4. if it moves when you move the stick then the tranny is fine. i discovered a fault on my 9zap using this screen. at full stick deflection my elevator went from full up to full down. i sent it in for new pots and a gimble rewire, all sorted. IF the graphic does not move? send your tranny in for repair.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Bad Tooth

Thanks, I did select different models and blank models to try channel 4. None of it made any difference. Locoworks, after you sent yours in for repair have you had any other problems with it? And how long did it take them to repair it? I just spoke to someone at Futaba and they told me to send it in.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:27 AM
locoworks

i got it back in a couple of weeks. but you need to notice that i'm in the UK and not the USA so my service agent won't be yours. and no problems since.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
tpaul

Several of us in Atlanta have had problems with static electricity on the faceplate creating transmitter glitches and computer failures. There have been at least four crashes directly related to this as far as we know.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Bad Tooth

Thanks tpaul. That's pretty interesting. How do you know that it was the static electricity that caused the failures?
Old 01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
abacro

have u checked the lithium memory battery in the trans to see if it's not dead? it is located under the case back cover and resembles a watch battery. If ur losing settings,it sounds like this battery is going dead. My 9 channel did the same thing till i replaced to battery.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:02 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

futaba doesnt seem to know about any battery it transmitter except nicad
Old 01-11-2005, 03:09 PM
abacro

thats funny because my radio book even shows the battery and the kind recommended! go figure! lol
Old 01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
laryboy

i have a 7c. look in manual at page 7. " permanent memory storage via eeprom with no battery backup"
Old 01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Bad Tooth

Just to let everyone know what happened with my situation (I started the thread with my tx problem). I sent it back to Futaba and it was returned to me and it worked again. The only complaint that I had was when I called the dept. to find out what the problem was......nobody knew??? The tech people who "repaired" my tx didn't write anything down on the service notes. I was kind of upset that no one recorded what they fixed. The guy on the phone said something like "they couldn't find anything wrong with it so they sent it back." So...it was either fixed and not written down; or it magically started working again once it left my house (and I still have a defective radio) I hope that's not the case. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Futaba? Is it their policy to not record the work that they do?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 PM
laryboy

no.there should be a record. evev when they dont find anything wrong the usually check the power etc. kind of standard stuff and give you a check off sheet . the tech who did work signs the sheet