Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The best radiosystem for around 500$

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Blue_Moon_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best radiosystem for around 500$

Hi!

Searching for a new radio. I was almost sure that i was gonna go for the Futaba 9C, but then i heard somting about a new JR radio![:'(] Whats the best brand, JR or Futaba? It got to have 9 channels... !
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Blue_Moon_

Default RE: The best radiosystem for around 500$

Whatz the diffrence between

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByB...D=JRP&CatID=RH

and Futaba 9C ???
Old 01-11-2005, 08:03 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

it is like comparing Ford and Chevy...both good products....IMHO

For me...I went with the 9C...just came! IT ROCKS..

I love it...
I stayed with Futaba since that is what I already had and didn't want to get all new receivers.....
Old 01-11-2005, 08:09 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue_Moon_
Whats the best brand, JR or Futaba? It got to have 9 channels... !
The Futaba 9s are not 9 channels radios. They are 8 channel in PPM and 8 channels plus a 1-bit hence two position channel in PCM mode. That's ok for something like retracts, but if you need 9 proportional channels don't buy a Futaba.

H
Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Blue_Moon_

ok, but what about JR compard to Futaba 9C ?
I really dont need 9 proportional channels, actually i only need like 6 or 7 right now.

Can i do this with the Futaba 9C ?:

Ive got an aircraft with flaps and two mini servos. The ailerons also got induvidual servos. Can i setup the flaps to work like ailerons (flapperons), to help the "standard" ailerons?

I also wonder if im able to shut that mix off, and if im able to trim the flaps and ailerons up/down induvidual?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Blue_Moon_

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

I stayed with Futaba since that is what I already had and didn't want to get all new receivers.....
But Futaba and Hitec (for example) have the same connections, right?
Old 01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

SIMPLE!!!
Get a multuplex EVO 9 and your troubles are over
Old 01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Blue_Moon_

Noo they are so damm ugly.... but, can the multiplex make my "wish" come true?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:08 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Noo they are so damm ugly.... but, can the multiplex make my "wish" come true?
Ugly? I think you are picturing the green pizza box Profis, not the ROyal Evo which looks like a Japanese radio.

As for making your wish come true, Multiplex software is vastly better than the Japanese radios and can handle 4 servo wings, 6 servo wings, 8 servo wings with just about every possible mix you can think of, without even breaking into a sweat.

H
Old 01-11-2005, 12:32 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

But Futaba and Hitec (for example) have the same connections, right?

Yes...those work... I have a couple hitec rx's that I use..
but you can't use a JR tx with futaba or hitec rx's (and vice versa) Futaba is negative shift, JR/Airtronics are positive
Old 01-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Blue_Moon_

Ok, but back till my original question.

Is Futaba 9C the best radio in this priceclass? [&:]
Old 01-11-2005, 03:21 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

and to the original answer ... the EVO9 is the best radio in this proce class... IMHO
Old 01-11-2005, 10:10 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

I think the JR9303 is the best radio in this price class. This is my opinion and it depends on what you want to do with your plane. I have a friend with the 9c and he really likes it. I fly JR and will probably stick with JR.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Blue_Moon_

Why is the JR9303 better then Futaba 9C ? (sorry, just got to know... )
Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
PlaneKrazee

I personally like the programming better and the fact that the JR radio is a true 9 proportional channel radio even with a ppm receiver not an eight channel with ppm and 8 channel plus one on off channel with pcm. As stated before it is also a personal preference.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:08 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll add that the MPX EVO radios are capable of working with any PPM receiver's, be it positive or negative shift, single or dual conversion. Also you can enjoy complete and total switch/channel user assign-ability and as mentioned previously all channels are fully proportional. If programming power is your game, look no further. Nothing in this price range comes close to the EVO in this regard, in fact radios that cost twice as much are left with their tounges hanging out...

9 or 12 Channels, FM Modulation, Users TX Modules or Synthesizer, Synth-Frequency display, Digi-Trim-Type, AUTO Store-Trims, 20 or 36 Model Memories, 4 Conditions per Model Memory, ATL Throttle, Sub-Trim, Servo reversing, Servo-Movement-Display, Trainer Student & Master, Dual Rate/Expo, ATV, Programmable Mixes Linear/Curve 2/3/5 Points, Low Battery Warning, Wing-Model -Programming, 14/5 Free mixers/Input, Heli-Programming, Universal Rotor-Heads, 5/6 Points Gas/Pitch, Multiple Modes, Programmable Mixes Linear/Curve, 3 Timers, PC Data Transfer, PC Software Updates, DSC, Switch Assignability, Function Assignability, Channel Assignability, In-Flight Mixture, Motor off when switch on, Trim Step Adjust, Model Naming
Old 01-13-2005, 07:58 AM
PlaneKrazee

mglavin,

I was going to buy an Evo. How many Evo transmitter antennas have you heard of breaking? Segments just falling apart when the antenna is extended? Quite a few on RC Groups. I think the Evo should come with at least one pre programmed setup so you could use it right out of the box. How about a website dedicated to sharing Evo programs and not just Glider programs but aerobatic and heli programming? Are the synth receivers available?

The 9303 does not have the total switch assignability or synthesizer (i'm used to standard switch layout and going to all channel 05 from 55 anyway) but it does have some programming the Evo does not. Triple rates in flight modes, different expo for each rate, different rate/expo per surface direction and no switch lag.

9303:
9 Channels, Users TX Modules, Digital trim plus one, AUTO Store-Trims, 30 Model Memories, ATL Throttle, Sub-Trim, Servo reversing, ATV, Low Battery Warning, PC Data Transfer, DSC, In-Flight Mixture, Model Naming, Exponential control (both sides individually adjustable), Flight modes (3 air, – 5 sailplane, heli), Dual rates (triple when Flight modes are used), Adjustable trim rates, Fail Safe system, Trainer System (Selectable channels for Student), Triple Timers (Integrated, Stopwatch, Countdown), Servo Monitor, Modulation – PCM or FM output, DSC (Direct Servo Control) System, Model Transfer system, Model Copy system, Flaperon/Delta Wing types, V-tail, Dual throttles (with independent trims and throttle curves), Elevator-to-Flap mix, Aileron-to-Rudder mix, Throttle curves (2), Flap System (3-position, elevator compensation and delay), Snap Roll System (4 Directions/Rates assignable to flight modes), Gyro System (In-flight selection of 3 gains for up to 2 gyros), Servo speed (independently adjustable in both directions), 6 Programmable mixers (2 Multi-point style)

BTW I like Hitec digital servos.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:45 AM
StubbornSwiss
My Feedback: (4)

Greetings!

I've been a JR guy from the begining (about a year now), and have just upgraded from an XP662 to the XP9303. Great radio! (My third JR).

As has been said, it really comes down to a personal decision/preference.

But just for your info, the guy that taught me to fly, who has been flying forever (and actually flight tests UAV's for a living!!) is trading in his 9C for a 9303.

Does that tell you something??

Blessings!

Albert
Old 01-13-2005, 10:44 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Skypilot_one

mglavin,

I was going to buy an Evo. How many Evo transmitter antennas have you heard of breaking? Segments just falling apart when the antenna is extended? Quite a few on RC Groups. I think the Evo should come with at least one pre programmed setup so you could use it right out of the box. How about a website dedicated to sharing Evo programs and not just Glider programs but aerobatic and heli programming? Are the synth receivers available?

The 9303 does not have the total switch assignability or synthesizer (i'm used to standard switch layout and going to all channel 05 from 55 anyway) but it does have some programming the Evo does not. Triple rates in flight modes, different expo for each rate, different rate/expo per surface direction and no switch lag.
We have two EVO's and have yet to have an antenna faliure. I was not even aware this had been a problem for others.

A website dedicated to share programming information would be nice.

Synthesized IPD RX's are now available.

EXPO flexibility in various conditions/rates is in the works and will be user upgradeable via PC cable and the Internet.

Switch lag?
Old 01-15-2005, 11:48 PM
PlaneKrazee

Switch lag/

I have read that there is a delay when switching either between rates or flight modes.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Blue_Moon_

I finaly decided to go for

Futaba 9C.

Bought her the other day, just waiting for the postman now.... EXCITING!

Old 01-28-2005, 06:54 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't be disappointed. I just cleared out all my JR stuff two weeks ago. I didn't need it anymore since I got my 9C two years ago. I love it!
Old 01-28-2005, 03:40 PM
KrazyKen
My Feedback: (46)

[quote from Michael Glavin: EXPO flexibility in various conditions/rates is in the works and will be user upgradeable via PC cable and the Internet.
]

Michael: I was thinking of buying an Evo 9 but I am holding off due to the lack of expo flexibility. Do you have any idea when this upgrade will be available?

Thanks, Ken.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Blue_Moon_

ORIGINAL: vicman

You won't be disappointed. I just cleared out all my JR stuff two weeks ago. I didn't need it anymore since I got my 9C two years ago. I love it!
This far, i understand why you love it..!! Maaan this IS a awesome system!!! and it looks pretty neat as well

bought an alu-case for her today, looks neat too

Have you got any incidents during the two years? [&:]

nic from the "northpole"
Old 01-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Check out the thread on metalic paint pealing/wrinkling from 9C case in under a year; looks like a bad batch out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.