RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I think I am ok but would like your input to be sure

Old 01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Flyguy5

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I think I am ok but would like your input to be sure

I Have a JR 770s rx powerflight rx battery and regulator. I was working on my plane and I turned the rx switch on and got no response from my servos looked around for a problem tried again no luck I then turned the switch off followed the wires and found that I hooked the battery up backward to the wire that goes to the switch I then hooked the battery up the right way to the switch wire and everything worked fine. I did not notice heat or any smoke or smoke smell. I just want to make sure I am ok before I use this setup. I am guessing that either the regulator or switch protected the rx but wanted to ask to be sure.

Best,
Rob
Old 01-13-2005, 12:46 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: I think I am ok but would like your input to be sure

More likely than not, NO damage was caused. The control signal wire is typically dead-headed in the switch or non-existent in the plug or on the switch lead. In any event you're only able to mis-configure the batteries common or negative wire. The center wire is the positive wire, while the outboard wires are the battery negative or servo control signal. I believe all of the current radio offerings follow this wiring scheme. OLD Airtronics is another story.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24887.gif
Views:	4
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	214446