Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best 4 Channel Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 02:01 PM
JeffreyDWarsaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 4 Channel Radio?

I'm looking at purchasing a foam ARF parkflyer and the recommended radio package is a GWS 4-Channel Radio System with an R6N 6 Channel Receiver and 3 Naro Servos. After doing some basic fact finding, I noticed the R6N receiver was only rated at 2500' which is probably enough but the HiTec 555 Receiver is rated at 1+ miles which is twice as far and, who knows, sometimes it's hard to tell how far away a plane really is [X(]... So, I looked into the Hitec Laser 4 FM with 555 Receiver, 2 HS-55 Servos radio package which is comparable but only includes 2 servos which means I'd have to shell out $20 for another servo. My question is whether it's worth the extra cash for the extra range and how do Hitec and GWS compare with regards to quality, reliability, durability, etc. I'm looking for feedback based on personal experience and I'm not limiting my choices to the GWS and Hitec so if you like something else better I'm all ears! Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Jeff
Old 01-14-2005, 12:08 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best 4 Channel Radio?

I've only used the Laser 4 not the GWS. The Hitec is a fine transmitter and the 555 is a great receiver. I know I'd go with the Hitec. Something else to think about, the Laser 4 has V tail and Elevon mixing.

John
Old 01-16-2005, 10:06 AM
JeffreyDWarsaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best 4 Channel Radio?

John,

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. After reading more posts in the radio forum, I think I'm leaning towards the Hitec also. Anyone else out there with some personal experience to share?

Jeff