RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse 7 ?

Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
rcpilot1972

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec Eclipse 7 ?

I used to have a Futaba 6 channel computer radio untill it got stolen along with my airplanes, I am fixin to buy a new radio and I was wondering if the Hitec Eclipes 7 is a good radio? I like the way the Hitec radio looks with the screen on top, but im kinda scared to try Hitec worried that its not as dependable as a Futaba, I really dont wont to loose a plane because of a bad radio. I will be buying a heli later on too, and with it hovering around with people around it I need a radio thats gonna be reliable. If any of you guys have the Hitec Eclipes please let me know how you like it and how it compares to Futaba.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 ?

I've flown with an Eclipse 7 for 3 years w/o any problems. It's a good radio for the money. Just a little bulky for my tastes.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:47 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This has been discussed many times, but here's my 2 cents. I have 2 Eclipse's. I have a Spectra module. I can fly any of my models on any freq receiver I have and whether they are positive or negative shift. So I can pick up reasonably priced receivers and crystals online. All used gear I have picked up online has worked perfectly. The TX's and module and flexibility have been rock solid and have saved me many dollars. So many dollars, in fact that the TX's could be considered free now.
I will not deal with a company that changes the shape of a connector and comes out with TX modules that produce a slightly different signal than the standard. Many people will, but I will not. I want value for my dollar and believe I've gotten it so far with Hitec.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My first Hitec was the Prism with Spectra Module. I found it so versitile that I also got the Eclipse when it came out (also with Spectra) and have never been sorry. I use a lot of Futaba gear as well and find that both brands are quite good but HiTec is far superior if you ever need repair or help. If I were to purchase a new unit, I'd definately look into the Optic 6, again with the Spectra module.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
rcpilot1972

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes I have heard that Hitec has great service, so you guys think they will last as long as Futaba? and be as dependable?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:32 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes Siree, circuitry is very reliable on most modern radios. Hitecs are very dependable radios
Old 01-21-2005, 11:23 PM
husker
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have two Prism 7's and an Eclipse. Have used Hi-tec equiptment for years and it is bullet proof as it gets. If you need sevice it is second to none.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:08 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have flown Hitec exclusivly for 5 years now. I have never experienced a problem except with the Feather Receiver. Building some 1/4 scale stuff now and using the Hitec radio. The Eclipse with Spectra is great and a good value for the money.
JEB
Old 01-22-2005, 11:37 AM
CFIMEI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Flash 5, Eclipse 7 & a new Optic 6. Have used the Flash 5 with gliders for about 4 years & it has been flawless. The Eclipse locked up during programming repeatedly & had to be sent in for service. A new circuit board was installed & it has only locked up only once in the last 2 years & never during actual flight. I use it with a Futaba 50 Mhz RF module in place of the Spectra (which draws twice the current of a fixed frequency module & only gives about an hour & a half flight time on the standard 600 maH battery.)

The Optic 6 has just returned from service with the offending problem unresolved. (See the post in other thread.) I like this Tx & hope that whatever it takes to get it 100% operational will be forthcoming from HiTec. They provide excellent service but are at the mercy of Asian software designers &, according to HiTec local service, do not even have available software code listings or detailed descriptions of how the microprocessor algorithms operate. If you do not need the configuration (Aileron Differential) which allows you to use channel 5 as a second aileron output then I think you'll like this Tx. I got the Optic specifically because the Eclipse does not offer this feature & I use 5 channel receivers which require it for elevator/aileron mixing. The problem which I have encountered seems only to occur when this feature is enabled. I wonder why they didn't include this capability in the software update for the Eclipse which became available last year, then I would not have had to buy a whole new Optic Tx to get it!
Old 01-22-2005, 12:28 PM
pt19 flyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi

you will not be unhappy with the hitec gear. I have the prism 7 and the eclipse 7 with freq module on eclipse. had prism 7 for about 3 years and eclipse 7 for about 2 years with absolutely no problem. also their service is excellent. lcd on prism went out and they replaced it at no charge after two year of use.
in terms of their cheaper outfits I think the eclipse is well worth the extra money. more versatile features that you may want later. the lower price units are fine but I think would limit maybe you future wants in flying.

happy flying

joe
Old 01-22-2005, 06:05 PM
rcpilot1972

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I live here in Mississippi, someone told me that Hitec is used alot in california? I see mostly Futabas around here and JR also, not many Hitecs do I see, been lookin at the Futaba 7 channel also.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hitec all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flying it for 8 years now and not a problem
Old 01-23-2005, 01:11 AM
lectronx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just picked up an Optic 6 for a P-51 with retracts and flaps, 2 ailrons, rudder, throttle, elevator. Thats 7 servos. World Models Instructions say 6-channel Radio. What's up? I don't see any way to Program ACGL to handle 7 servos. I'm using a Supreme 8 Rx. Thanks from someone just jumping in the sport.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:27 AM
will

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Use a "Y" cord on the ailerons. That will run both servos off of one channel.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:28 PM
RVator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too have been radio shopping and like the Hitec 7. I bought a laser 4 for my trainer 2 years ago and it worked great. I fly with Dave Robelen and he uses a Prisim 7 and spectra module for all of his planes, from the micro indoor, electrics and his gas powered models. He is always raving about how great the service is from Hitec and has helped steer me to another one.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 PM
CFIMEI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Again,

Regarding my disturbing recent experience with the Optic 6 & in the interest of model flight safety I must report another program related problem with the Optic 6 (at least the one I now have.) When using Aileron Differential to activate channel 5 as the second aileron channel & operating any of the 6 channels in the " reverse" mode, if you run the throttle sub trim negative enough for it to cause total lock up of the Tx, then when you restart the Tx you must make sure that the reversed channels have not reverted to "normal". This has happened to me twice! Fortunately I (almost) always cycle the controls to confirm direction & range of travel (I guess 37 years as an FAA Certified Flight Instructor in full scale aircraft has had some lasting benefit!). So, happily, on each occasion I was able to re-program the channels back to "reverse" before launch. I don't recall whether I programmed those channels reversed during the session which ended in total lock up or in another session where I was able to get back to Main Menu without lock up. It may be that this problem only happens if the reversing of the servo channels occurs during the ill-fated session that ends in lock up & if they are reversed in a successful programming session then they remain as set. I hope the promised replacement Tx does not exhibit these deficiencies but if this is related to a fundamental software bug then I'll have to wait for a program revision.

Please, if anyone else is encountering these or other programming difficulties, make it known so that we can eventually be furnished with fully functional, reliable & safe Optic 6's

Richard.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:53 AM
udi maman
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi
in israel the most pop radios are the fut and jr but i have also the eclips for 3 years and my friend also use it for a jet
so dont wory be happy its a good value for the mony
now i also want to buy the jr 10x or 9303 why ido no know i just want to have a jr also
udi maman
israel[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=wink.gif]