RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP or JR 9X ??

Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
craig90

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 9CAP or JR 9X ??

I am moving up to a new Hangar 9 33% extra and I am looking to purchase a new 9 channel TX from either Futaba or JR. Both JR and Futaba have new 9 channel TXs out. Futaba TX for $400 comes with a 9 channel receiver and JR TX for $400 does not come with anything else. So which one? Do both carry the same features, or is it just personal preference? Thanks.
-Craig
Old 01-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9CAP or JR 9X ??

You didn't mention what kind of radio that you're using now. Futaba and JR use different frequency shifts. One is positive, the other is negative. If you want to stay with one transmitter for all of your airplanes, go with what you have now. If you don't mind having two transmitters, then you should look at the features of both. I just bought the new 9CAP super. I considered the new X9303, but with four rec'vrs from Futaba, that would be to expensive. I'm used to Futaba's programming and find it very simple. I have no experience with JR. You can download the manual for the 9C at www.futaba-rc.com. Couldn't find a link for JR's manuals.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:02 PM
craig90

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am using a Futaba 6 channel now with a combintion of hitec and futaba receivers. So you say I cannot use a JR radio with futaba receivers? If not than I think I have already made up my mind.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That's right - Futaba/HItec are negative shift and JR/Airtronics are positive shift. They are not compatible unless the Tx has the ability to select Pos/Neg. shift.
To my knowledge, neither the 9C or 9X are shift selectable. Your definitely better off going with the 9C for compatibility.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love my 9c.... that is what made up my mind..I already had several futaba/hitec rx's
Old 01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the 9C (as a backup to my 9Z) and I justed used a 9X at the field last weekend. I just wish I could stuff my 9C inside the 9X case. The 9X feels much more solid and the sticks are way more precise than the Futaba model. On the other hand, the 9X software is a joke compared to the 9C.....
Old 01-18-2005, 11:43 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I like the 9C better than any radio I have flown, including the JR radios. Futaba did that one way right!!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You might go on line at Horizon Hobby's website. Go to JR, then select a JR 9303 system, then select manual. They have the operators manuals on line for all three versions (heli,air,&sailplane). I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you will see in the way of programming, display screens, and ease of use. It has some features that are not included in the top of the line JR 10X and are probably not available on the Futaba 9 series. The manuals are in pdf format.