Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help - Older FP-6NFK broken switches

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 06:26 PM
GCL
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Older FP-6NFK broken switches

Hello all,
I had the CH 6 and trainer switches come off. No abuse, maybe age. Removal and installation would be NO problem for me. Soldering, no problem.

I noticed on web and @ local Radio Shack available switches but which ones ?
My question, what 'EXACTLY" do I need for each of the switch ?
Are they SPST or SPDT, etc ?

Need Ch 6 switch and Trainer switch. Everything else just fine.

If anyone out there had to replace these switches please let me know item and source for purchase. Like to get the TX back in top shape. I know Tower Hobby sells some but are they compatible ? Also is CH 6, 2 or 3 way. I thought it was 3 way.
BTW, transmitter is Futaba FP-6NFK

Thanks again and will wait for feedback.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:13 AM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help - Older FP-6NFK broken switches

GCL,

You can use switches from Radio Shack. Both are SPDT. The channel 6 switch is a 3 position switch and the trainer switch is spring loaded. Be sure to wire the both switches properly and check the trainer switch to make sure it is not in the trainer position when not pushed.

George
Old 01-18-2005, 12:26 PM
GCL

Thanks ghendrix01 !
I did go out and looked at the Radio Shack switches. I bought but did NOT installed the following switches. Got
Part # 275-325 that appears to be a 3 way switch. The other is Part # 275-1549A momentary switch.
Both are SPDT. Are they the correct ones to use ? Let me know and will proceed with installation. Otherwise, what are the part numbers if I may ask ?
Thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:15 PM
ghendrix01

GCL.

Those switches will work as long as the second one (momentary pushbutton) does not interfere with the pc board.

When you install the push button switch, make sure that the lead that is attached to the center terminal of the original switch is connected to the center terminal of the new switch before you power up the transmitter. After installation, check to see if the transmitter works without pushing the switch. If you need to push it to get the transmitter to work, reverse the two outside leads at the switch and check again.

Hope everything goes ok with the repair.

George
Old 01-18-2005, 08:30 PM
GCL

Thanks again ghendrix01 !!!

That was going to be my game plan on the installation of the wires. I figured the layout of the wires would have to match the same for the new switches. I found the push button momentary switch to be more convenient (easier) to use than toggle that switch for training (when needed). I found it's a little longer than the stock switch but should work without interfering with board. Will add black tape to surface to minimize problems.
By the way, is there any issue for the other switch (3 way) on wiring ? I figured as long as the wires are installed same way, it should work.
Thanks again and will wait for additional feedback.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:46 PM
ghendrix01

GCL,

Just make sure that the lead that is connected to the center terminal on the old switch is also connected to the center terminal on the new switch. The other two don't really matter. The only thing that will happen is the flaps will operate in reverse if the outside wires end up reversed. This is solved by using the reversing switch.

George
Old 01-19-2005, 10:39 AM
GCL

Great !
I figured that may be the case but it's always nice to know another user out there may have had the same situation and resolved it. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Will keep you all advised on progress.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:31 PM
GCL

Ok, got the switches installed and working ! I tried the TRAINER switch and had to reverse lead. Not tried Ch 6 switch but certain to work. Will see if switch needs to be turned around for flaps. (Not using @ this time but good to have on hand though)

Thanks ghendrix01 for the tips !

I do have Ikarus flight sim software and channel 6 active and ready to use. No problems !