RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX question

Old 01-17-2005, 08:24 PM
GCL
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default TX question

Hello all,

It's been a while but returned back to RC. Flown for years and used Futaba radios. Specifically models, FP-6NFK & FP-T4NBF.

My question, my transmitters are ok but couple 6NFK switches broken. I noticed transmitters with sysnthesized frequencies, etc.
Would a transmitter like Futaba 6EXA FM 6-Channel work if on proper frequency with R127DF receivers ?
Does it also apply to other current Futaba models ?
Or just update TX, RX, servos ?
I have good servo's, receivers, batteries and like to just update TX.
Can someone enlighten me on this matter. May be a simple answer. I know RC has evolved quite a bit since the early 90's.
Thanks for reading this and will wait for feedback.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:53 PM
hankpajari
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TX question

Your receiver will work with any Futaba transmitter on the same frequency. I don't know if the 127 is narrow band or not. If not you should probably upgrade the receiver to narrow band. If the servos have the new G connector they are fine to use.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:14 PM
GCL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for a reply. The receiver is narrow band. I'm trying to keep the RX for a Giant scale. That is, I've read users using 1200 mAh batteries for receivers. By the way, connector is the J type. I would like to get a giant scale aircraft and noticed servos like Hi_tech,etc. used. Now are there batteries that work with R127DF receivers of 1200mAh or I need to get another new radio system.
I guess I'm trying to salvage the receiver and maybe the servos that came with RC system.
I'm assuming that the Hi-Tech servos are compatible with the receiver ? (If battery of proper mAh used).

It's another step for me and need to see how it all works out.
Thanks all !
Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 PM
sslayman
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My fellow Virginian,
You can use any size mah battery you'd like. 1200mah battery would be no problem. Find one at your LHS or online estore and purchase it with the Futaba connector if it's not a Futaba brand battery. You are correct on the "J" connector. The old radios used "G" connectors. Your R127DF receivers are still current today. Futaba still makes this receiver. Other than putting new batteries in the TX's and new flight pack batteries you are good to go! Of course you can still get a new computer TX to use with your current receivers and servos. Just stick with Futaba TXs though. We don't need to go into the whole positive, negitive shift thing!

Later...

Scott!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In the USA, both Futaba and Hitec are compatable. Also, any computer radio that allows selection of shift (Your Futaba receiver requires negative shift) will work with your receiver. All current brands of servos will also work with your receiver, the only requirement being that the mechanical shape of plug permits insertion.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:30 AM
GCL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Again, thanks all that have made sense of current TX standards. I have been told Hitec Eclipse 7 7-Channel FM Transmitter/Spectra be a good choice for most RX's and situations. Any other TX's from Futaba may be it's equal (considering) ? I'm leaning to go like others to have one TX for most models.
Thanks and will wait again for additional feedback.