RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Optic 6 Backorder Problem

Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 PM
velocity

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Optic 6 Backorder Problem

I placed an order for an Optic 6 system a couple months ago with Tower. Still on backorder. I have read on the HItec site of people on backorder for 6 months. Does anyone know what the malfunction at Hitec seems to be on shipping these radios out???
Old 01-26-2005, 07:19 PM
CFIMEI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Optic 6 Backorder Problem

Hi,

I don't know for sure what is the hangup with Optic 6 deliveries, but having received mine 2 months ago, having sent it in for a throttle channel problem, having found the problem unresolved upon return & then having been sent a new Optic 6 with the very same problem, I would venture to guess that there is a serious software defect & they are likely trying to prevent too many of the defective units from hitting the streets until software version 1.x is available. I imagine their phone bill to Korea is mounting!

CFIMEI
Old 01-26-2005, 11:32 PM
jneesy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

cancel your order and get a 7c or 9c you wont regret it
Old 01-26-2005, 11:37 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have an Optic 6 and so far no problems. What exactly was the problem with the throttle?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can get the optic 6 at quantummodels and hoby barn... I think that demand exceeded supply
Old 01-27-2005, 12:03 PM
CFIMEI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

The Optic 6 throttle problem only seems to occur when you try to use channel 5 as a second aileron output. ( This is the main reason I got the Tx, so I can use it with 5 channel M 5 Rx's & elevator/aileron mixing.) When you activate "Aileron Differential" feature to assign Ch 5 to aileron & then run down the throttle (ch 3) sub-trim, the Tx completely locks up. You can't get back out of sub-trim & the modulation of the RF module stops! You must turn the Tx off & back on to resume operation. Any program changes made in the session which ended in lockup are lost & must be re-entered. What is really threatening is that if you have a throttle stick position right above cutoff & run the sub-trim down to a certain (& unpredictable) value that doesn't cause lockup & then reduce the stick position further, the lockup occurs! this means that it could occur in flight! Only throttle seems to be affected & as soon as you disable aileron differential, you can use the sub-trim normally. If you don't use this feature you may never run into this defect although a post by a heli flyer describes a similar problem with some combination of heli settings. There may be other, untried program combos which could cause this. HiTec did a "gimbal recalibration" on my Optic & sent it back with the problem still present. They then sent me a purportedly "new" Optic 6 which proved to have the very same problem! Interestingly, my original Tx had firmware version "1.1" & the "newer" Tx has version "0". I will probably return the newer one as it has the version "0".

CFIMEI