Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing to new channel

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 01:42 AM
matt mccurry
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing to new channel

Hi,
I've been in a club for a while and have a wonderful mostly new JR radio. Lately some new members have joined the club and they both have the same channel as my JR radio. I don't feel like selling it, it is like new. I have no clue about changing the crystals. I'm not sure how or if I can. It is a 421 on ch. 57. I use this radio more than any and we need all the happy members we can find!!!! We have a wonderful, but small club. If four people are in the air at once, we call it a fly in!!
Thanks for any advice.
M
Old 09-04-2002, 04:25 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Changing to new channel

You can change the crystal on the radio but it is illegal to do by the user according to FCC regulation. Lots of people do this without retuning the radio but who knows if they are not the cause of the mysterious "radio hits" we get once in a while.

You will also get a lot of people arguing with you regarding the legality of the issue. Just call JR and you will see for yourself. Also go to the Futaba home page and go under FAQ and they have the specific FCC regulation code regarding crystal changes in the TXs. This applies to all manufacturers not just JR or Futaba.

The radio needs to be retuned for that frequency after a crystal change. You are better off sending the radio to JR and have them change the channel. If the radio had a module you just buy a new module on that channel and you are done.

Mike