Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

With a 6ch Tx can I use a 3ch Rx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:02 AM
RickAvery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With a 6ch Tx can I use a 3ch Rx?

I’m looking to get a new radio and really don’t know all of the differences between them, i.e. futaba, hitec, airtronics, JR… From what I’ve read, it is suggested to buy a radio that will do things beyond your current knowledge as you will get there soon enough and will be happy you now have these capabilities. So I’m looking at the hitec Optic 6 W/ the spectra module. Most like the flexibility of the spectra module and shift selection especially as their hanger fills with different things to fly. Here’s the question; I’m flying all electric foamys, park fliers, wings, slope soaring and the need for 6 ch does not exist at this point at least with my fleet. Would I need to put a 6 ch Rx into a plane which only uses 3ch.? Thanks for any help.
Rick
Old 01-25-2005, 11:55 AM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: With a 6ch Tx can I use a 3ch Rx?

no
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
hankpajari
My Feedback: (1)

No, the number of channels of the receiver can be less than or more than the channels of the transmitter. It doesn't matter. The only thing you need to worry about, in general, is the frequency of the xmtr and rcvr and the shift. Some transmitters use a positive shift and others a negative shift. I forget which are which but you can go onto www.servocity.com to find out.

My xmtrs are 9 channel and I use them with 5 channel receivers on up.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:02 PM
RickAvery

Thanks guys!
Rick