Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec and futaba

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:32 PM
rccub
My Feedback: (184)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec and futaba

i know that hitec servos can be used in a futaba receiver. can you use a futaba crystal in a hitec receiver. the crystal is for channel 38 if that matters. thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:46 PM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: hitec and futaba

This question has been raised several times with a lot of differing opinion, so what I say is only my opinion. Frequency's are based on either High or low. 11-35 is low, 36-60 high. The recievers are calibrated to their freq, so the further you get away from the calibrated frequency, the more the tuning will suffer. As such, I wouldn't feel comfortable swapping a ch55 crystal in a RX originally tuned for ch36. I personally have successfuly interchanged Hitec and Futaba crystals and tested range before and after the swap and never had any problems. There are other liability factors to consider too that I am not qualified to address. Of course, the best advice would be to send it in to be recalibrated with the freq of choice. But yes it has been done successfully.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:58 PM
rccub
My Feedback: (184)

i was keeping the same frequency. i was just wanting to put a futaba crystal in a hitec receiver. does hitec do the high-low thing like futaba does.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:59 PM
warhwk

Just do a thorough range check.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:21 PM
hilleyja

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rccub

i was keeping the same frequency. i was just wanting to put a futaba crystal in a hitec receiver. does hitec do the high-low thing like futaba does.
NO, but this is not the function of the crystal. The crystal is only one of many components in your RX that define the frequency/channel. Futaba tunes their RXs to be hi-center or lo-center. Hitec tunes their RXs to be band-center. The crystal is designed to opperate on a single narrow-band signal frequency/channel.

Like the previous poster, I have had no problems interchanging Hitec crystals in Futaba RXs. I do stick with the high or low channels. If you look at the crystal connectors in a Futaba RX you will find a red dot or not. If the dot is there the RX is center tuned to the hi side of the band -- use on channels 36-60. If no dot the RX is center tuned to the low side of the band -- use on channels 11-35. Having said that, I have yet to use a Futaba crystal in a Hitec RX but would expect to have not problems.

RANGE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:42 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only use Hitec crystals in Hitec receivers no exceptions