Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics receiver with Hitec/Futaba servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:25 PM
dhunter
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics receiver with Hitec/Futaba servos

Help, please! I recently acquired an older Airtronics 6-ch tx ("Radiant") and just bought an older receiver (non-"Z" type connectors). When I went to test everything on the bench using Hitec and Futaba servos, nothing worked! What do I need to do to make things compatable?
thx/Hunter.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:48 PM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Airtronics receiver with Hitec/Futaba servos

Reverse the polarity of the servos. The older Airtronics stuff is backwards from the rest of the world. THe easiest thing to do is to carefully release the pins from the servo plug for the red and black wires and swap their positions in the plug. Otherwise, you can cut and re-solder the wires.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
dhunter
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks, krossk....I'll consider that. Would another way be to make a"pigtail" 2 or 3 inches long and make the change there? That way I could keep the servo "pure" for use in my other receiver (Hitec)....or am I off base?
thx/Hunter
Old 01-29-2005, 01:06 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In the old style Airtonics plugs (black with three splines) #3 pin is positive (black wire with a white stripe). The new 'Z' blue has the center pin positive as are all of the major radios now. To use a new servo in the old Rx it is neccessary to reverse the reverse the red and black lead of the 'Z' cable. Pulling the pins indeed works but is a little tricky So just cutting the black and red leads to reverse and solder may be easier for you. If you have plugged a new 'Z' plug switch harness into the old style Rx without reversing the polarity I fear there has been damage, hopefully not.

John
Old 01-29-2005, 08:00 AM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

I believe that Maxx Products [link=http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-4.html#CHARGER%20EXCHANGE%20ADAPTERS]www.maxxprod.com[/link] sells an adapter that serves as the pigtail you describe as well.