RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

carbon body

Old 01-29-2005, 01:24 AM
hpghost
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default carbon body

I,ve been told that a full carbon body plane would be a possible problem regarding interferences...

1) and what happens if I route the antena through the fuse in a fiberglass or plastic rod? I ve read that antena wire length should left as it is...so the receiver may have some difficulties if it is not routed on a long distance...is it?

2) Let's make one supposition:
- the receiver is fixed just after the canopy on some rubber band, the antena is runing in a non conductive rod straight to the nose and passing in a hole of the nose.
- at the nose location were the antena is passing, it is fiberglass made on 2cm diameter so that carbon body is more far from the rod and antena.

in that case will interference problem be solved? will radio range be affected, and how?
Is it a good thing to put the antena in the nose or there is some reception issue?

If rod is routed out...how the lenght will afect the quality of the signal.

here is an exemple of what I mean...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62978.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	222069  
Old 01-29-2005, 04:38 PM
crook
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: carbon body

you shouldnt recieve any interfearence with antenna wire routed to the outside..only if the recieving end of signal was placed in the carbon. on indy cars all radio equipment is in front of dash, under the shock cover panel...and the rim of it is carbon with the whole top made from aramid(kevlar)..also on all aircraft..most radome's are made from fiberglass....carbon fiber is a conductor..!
Old 01-29-2005, 11:24 PM
hpghost
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: carbon body

ok thanks,

this is what I was supposing, but as many people were saying that there is some problems, I was not sure of my solution..