RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dead Transmitter?

Old 02-03-2005, 09:24 PM
nightstalker77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dead Transmitter?

I just purchased a used JR "Quattro" transmitter on 72MHz on channel 32. I also have a GWS Dragonfly that operates on? It has 72.790 on crystal cover and 72-4 on the crystal itself. Iwant to know if I can swap crystals around to see if the Quattro radio is good? I was told it worked, but want to see for myself.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:35 PM
goldy9955

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Dead Transmitter?

Hello, Just cruising the forums and saw your thread. I've bought several
"dead transmitters" cheap and have found that the installed crystals did not match, so it did'nt work. TX and RX crystals don't interchange. There are single and dual conversion, am and fm. You need to find out what type of radio you have and buy a TX crystal for a JR, and a RX crystal for your RX that is compatable with your TX setup. One quick check I do before doind anything else is to see if the TX has any output (signal) at all
or is it dead. I turn on the TX near my jam box and you can hear the interference from the TX's output. You can even hear the different channels at work, the tones go up and down. You may have to tune the jam box to am or fm, up and down the dial and you'll hear the noise.

Good Luck.
goldy9955