Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Optic 6 or Futaba 7C?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 09:14 AM
COOLAIR
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 or Futaba 7C?

Looking to purchase new radio to fly mainly 3D planes. Looking at Optic 6 and 7C. Any comments or help with the decision?

Thanks,
Coolair
Old 02-05-2005, 12:07 PM
CFIMEI

Default RE: Optic 6 or Futaba 7C?

Hi,

If you have any need for Aileron Differtial function (which allows 2 aileron servos with the 2nd one on channel 5) I would avoid the Optic 6 for now. There is a fatal firmware bug which can cause total lockup of the Tx, in flight, under certain combinations of throttle trim, sub-trim & throttle stick position! There is supposed to be a fix in progress but I'm not expecting it soon.

CFIMEI
Old 02-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Kwok_Yu

ORIGINAL: COOLAIR

Looking to purchase new radio to fly mainly 3D planes. Looking at Optic 6 and 7C. Any comments or help with the decision?

Thanks,
Coolair
I think the first question is do you care anything about changing the TX frequency? The 7C can't be changed without sending it in. The optic has freq modules and synth. Next you should decide if you need the 7th channel. Both these radios do have minor software bugs. BTW, I do own the Optic6.

-Kwok
Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Consider this and to me its major...the 7C CANNOT do dual Elevators...what were they thinkin?????????????
Old 02-07-2005, 10:48 PM
CFIMEI

Consider this also: The CROW feature in the Optic 6 does not allow aileron trim to be applied to both ailerons unless the fatally flawed ADIF feature is also enabled. I wouldn't use this Tx with any airplane over 10 oz. AUW without having my lawyer look over the fine print in my AMA insurance!!

CFIMEI
Old 02-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Maniac

I love my Optic 6 and use CROW and Ail dif all the time including in my big birds. If you need -60% throttle trim which is what causes the lock up then your set up is way off anyway. I've never had a problem and from what I've heard only one person ever has. Sure it's there, but chances are it will never ever affect you since you know what causes it.

I also have the E7 but like the Optic better for its versitility. Including the Ail diff with 5 channel RX's... I have a ton of 555's!

Maniac.