Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8 model memory? CAMPac ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Rollin20s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8 model memory? CAMPac ?

What is it ? does that mean you can control 8 different cars or boats or whatever? i dont know thats why im asking dont mean to sound dumb but thats what these forums are for right?
Old 09-09-2002, 02:29 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAMPacs and ClonePacs add additional model memories to your Futaba transmitter. They are also made from a serial EEPROM and will save your programming without the need for a battery.

The Futaba 8U transmitter comes with enough memory to store the programming for 8 different models. By adding a 16K CAMPac or ClonePac you can increase the total model memories to 16. When using a CAMPac or a ClonePac you still only have up to 8 channels per model with an 8U. The 9C and 9Z of course offer 9 channels per model.

ClonePacs are memory modules not made by Futaba. ClonePacs can be bought for between $10.00 and $20.00. The Futaba pac is of couse much more expensive. I keep several ClonePacs around to back up my programming. If I ever had to use a different 8U I can just pop the ClonePac in and go fly.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Actually, they are built from serial EEPROMs, but the result is the same - non-volatile memory.

I've built a bunch of the 16K versions and have more than I need. Iwouldn't mind selling a few of them if the interest is there. I might take a picture when I get home tonight and post it on the FOR SALE forums.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:07 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The CAMPAC in a 9c adds 6 more models to the original 8 it can store. You can use the 9Z CAMPAC and futaba says it will add like 45 more models.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:29 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Volfy
Actually, they are built from serial EEPROMs, but the result is the same - non-volatile memory.
Picky, picky, picky...
Old 09-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Rollin20s

Ok now i feel real lost sorry!!! but does that mean i can run more than 1/2/3 or more cars off the same radio and if so how ? sorry i need to get some more smart pills...
Old 09-10-2002, 03:21 AM
Volfy

Here are the ones I made. Yes, I know they say CAMPac, but these are NOT made by Futaba, nor do I have permission from Futaba to use the word "CAMPac", assuming they trademarked the name. I hope I don't catch any flack for this. If I do, well, it's my fault. My next batch will NOT say CAMPac.

I put that label on my first batch for my own identification purposes, not think I was going to sell them at all. But, heck if people are making money selling them, I might as well get in on the act.

Anyway, it's made with double-sided plated-through holes epoxy PCB. I don't like the ones that solder the connector legs directly onto the board surface mount style. While that is adequate for components that don't experience any mechanical stress, connectors are best done thru-hole.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	25275_1454.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	15986  
Old 09-10-2002, 03:28 AM
Volfy

Sorry Galen. Between the fact that I got what I think was the West Nile virus last weekend and the Tropical Storm Faye, I didn't get to go fly; thus the excessive anal retentiveness.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Steve Lewin

Originally posted by Rollin20s
Ok now i feel real lost sorry!!! but does that mean i can run more than 1/2/3 or more cars off the same radio and if so how ? sorry i need to get some more smart pills...
O.K. back to basics. It means that the transmitter can store the setups for a number of different models e.g. servo reversing, trims, mixing etc. You just select the appropriate memory when you swap models instead of having to set it up from fresh every time. It's probably not really much use for cars which have relatively simple controls, unlike boats or planes which may need 6 or more channels setting up.

You can still only control one of the models at a time.

Steve