Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Evo 9 Programming Probs

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Crash Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Evo 9 Programming Probs

Man do I feel dumb. This Multiplex Royal Evo 9 radio is giving me fits trying to program the thing. The manual as well as the online tutorial spend so much time addressing features of the radio that I wouldn't use in a million years and sadly, they skip the programming basics. You know, little features like pos/neg shift, dual rates, expo, and assigning jobs to the different switches. I just want to get up and running with the thing, but I cannot figure out how to do that. So at this point I have a $500 albatross on my hands. It sits in the case while I continue to use and program my Eclipse 7, without a problem.
How about Evo 9 Programming For Dummies?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Gary005

Default RE: Multiplex Evo 9 Programming Probs

C. Wilson

I just purchased an evo 9 and find myself in much the same position as you describe! What has happened in 6 months, are you any closer to understanding the beast? I've spent several hours with the radio, and just about now am feeling MIGHTY CLUELESS as to getting it to work...
Old 10-07-2005, 01:41 PM
spacekid
My Feedback: (6)

Did you get it figured out? I bought the EVO 12
I had the same problem figuring this thing out.
I still dont fully understand it. So far I know how to set the Flight Phases which is very cool!
I need to know how to set up so my indepentent aeliron servos so they will act like flaps by flipping a switch.
Do you know how to do that?

reply to : [email protected]

Thanks
Old 10-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Riva-brest

From Riva-brest

I bought an Evo 12 Synth. two months ago. Same as you ! Far too many mixers already programmed, and the manuel is very confusing, difficult to find the specifications of the transmitter. And I discovered the radio is only a 6 independant proportional chanels... + 4 nearly-prop chanels if you buy 2 multinaut modules.

With the manual, I just wanted to know what the radio can do, and the method to do it.... Same as my Futaba T9CHP, with its very good manual. I had to forget all what I learned before with other radios.

And after a little while, I found my radio very powerfull. I just erased all the pre-programmation, to start from nothing. And understand step after step how it works. And at last find its limits.

I use my radio for a big boat, powered with 2 Zenoah 38cc. Including reverse on each engine. Not so simple, because I wanted to use only one stick for steering as well. Only the Evo 12 can do this!

Anyway, you can try everything, because it is always possible reset initial settings, or transfer the soft from your PC.

If you find a better radio, let me know !