Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 02:50 PM
cyrrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

HELP.

Hi there I'm just getting back into the RC world. Okay this Is what I have. I purchased a used futaba 3pj came wtih Hi tech spectra module model # hp-pll(pcm/ppm) the Rx is a HI-Tech dcx. I running it in a RC 12l4( probably info not needed) Novak Atom. and A Airtronic micro servo 94145.

Okay my problem is this. When I first got the radio and tried it I work the steering but no throttle. then noticed the throttle was set at zero. I was looking and cleaning the radio. Then yesterday I finally got a charger. Was going to get the car dailed in. There is no response from the Rx and the TX. the battery is fully charged. And yes both were on. I was going through the menu and trying different things. I read from the on-line manual I had to have it in ppm which is is, The RX icon on the LCD screen on the 3pj does not come on. In which I believe is telling me that there not signaling to each other. So my question is What do I do. and the other would be is there any way to reset the 3pj back to original default. As you can see I almost wrote a novel. but i'm in need of major help. My first race is tomorrow night and I'm going to be hooped. Plus I also found out nobody in my club has ran this radio.

PLEASE HELP ME

Amdrew
Old 02-11-2005, 04:55 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Help please

Andrew, I don,t know to much about surface radios but can suggest most the Hitec computer air radios have the following procedures to set up a new model and are likely to apply to you also. The following are Hitec manual terminology that you should see in the manual and steps to set up a new model. I beleve your surface radio will follow the same terminology:

1. Do the manual steps for Model selection (SEL). I think your radio might have storage for mutiple models.

2. Perform the steps for model reset (RST) for the model number you have selected.

3. Set modulation mode setting (PCM - PPM) sounds as though you have done this but do it aging for each model after you have reset for that model number.

4. Set the frequency shift mode change (Sft). It will either be negative (#1) or negative (#2) depending on the shift used by the Novak Rx. This you will have to research. That Rx could also be either selectable shift or even auto shift also I don,t know. The bottom line is the Tx and Rx must be on the same shift.

This hopefully may get you going.

John