Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

4 servos into 1 channel

Old 05-31-2005, 05:17 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 servos into 1 channel

I am thinking of purchasing a world models ultimate biplane in the near future. However I only have a 6 channel radio (JR 2610). My question is can I run all 4 aileron servos into 1 receiver channel? Or do I need to use 2 channels and mix them together. I'd like to keep it to 1 channel if possible so I can run a remote kill switch or smoke. I plan on using either hitec 645MG or Hitec 5645MG digitals on the ailerons.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4 servos into 1 channel

Yes you can. Use a Y harness to link the two top wing servos together, and do the same thing on the bottom. Then, use another Y harness to join the two Y harnesses together, plug into channel 1, and bingo!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:59 AM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

So can this be done with "standard weight" or gauge wiring/connectors, etc and still have a reliable setup?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Deadeye

That's all I used on a 8 foot wing with aileron and flap. You may have trouble with the digitals, as I just read a thread where they say 4 digital servos on one channel is bad.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd strongly suggest you make all Y's and extensions from heavy gage wire or you will be asking for trouble. Even then, depending on the servos and air loads, you may have problems. If you use a seperate power supply for the aileron servos, you will have a much better chance of success.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:50 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

So what exactly is considered heavy gauge? Is this to be purchased from an electronics supplier as Tower, etc. don't seem to feature it. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bigsport

"Heavy duty" is a loose term. I would recommend you use nothing lighter than 22ga. The leads and wyes by MPI are very good - they even have 20ga extensions . Various LHS stock it. These are also available online. I get mine from Hangtime - they also do great battery packs.

Link: Hangtimes Hobbies www.hangtimes.com
Link: MPI www.maxxprod.com

I would not use multiple digital or hi torque servos off wyes. I recommend you look into matchbox type devices. Be sure they will match your RX and servos as these units are not all compatable. I only use Futaba kit and I like the MSA-10 units. You can drive 4 servos off each of these.

My 2c

Safe Flying!