RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 3010 servos

Old 02-15-2005, 06:04 AM
XJet
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 3010 servos

Since Hitec seem to have a "no warranty" policy for those customers who purchase from the USA but live outside North America, I'm faced with the prospect of changing brands.

Looking through the Futaba range of servos, the 3010 seems to be a nicely spec'd unit for up to .90-sized ships. Can anyone tender an opinion on these servos?

Are they robust, as strong as claimed (I know that Hitec's claims are sometimes a little exagerated), relatively slop-free, reliable?

I'd be using these instead of Hitec's HS475HB which is a nice enough little servo but, if I have to buy locally (NZ) to get any kind of warranty then I'd be paying US$36 each, or more than twice the US price of US$17. For US$11 *less* (US$25) I can buy the Futaba 3010 from a US retailer *and* get warranty support from Futaba USA.

Why don't I buy the Futaba 3010 servos locally? Well the local price tag of NZ$72 (US$54) each (versus US$25 from US retailers) might be one good reason!

The funny thing is that we don't have any import duty on RC gear here and the local sales tax is only 12.5% but most shops sell the stuff for over twice the US retail price! Is it any wonder that so many people around here import directly from the USA?

So what's the story on the 3010s, good, bad or indifferent?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 3010 servos

I am sorry but I cannot tell you anything about this servo but I will tell you I will NEVER buy another Futaba product as I have had more then one problem with there products and so called customer service. I am sure others will disagree but when a company leaves a bad taste in my mouth I never go back, particularly when it is more then once! If you go with Futaba I wish you the best. I hate about Hitec as that is all I use and have had no problems with there products!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:48 PM
seagull extra
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi X-Jet. i have some experience with the futaba 3010. I had originally bought these servos for my 25% extra. When I got them and played around with them on the bench I was so disapointed with them that I sold them. I then purchased the Hitec 635's and I can say putting the karbonite gear issues aside there is absolutly no comparison between the 3010 and the 635 Hitec. The 635 is a very smooth operating servo with tight gears and good centering. The 3010 has very sloppy gears and rough opperation and poor centering. We have talked on another post before about the Karbonite gears on the Hitec and I feel it is a shame that these gears have become an issue with these servos as otherwise they are very good servos. I would still like to see a direct comparison between some nylon geared servos and some karbonite servos to prove once and for all that the karbonite is at least a little bit better than the nylon.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:34 AM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am using the Futaba 3010 servos in a 120 size Stinger and a 1/3 scale Pitts with a Super Tigre 3000 engine and I haven't had any problems, I have been using these servos for over a year now.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am using these in a DA50 powered cap, great servo for the money!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:39 PM
grnd0
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You're what!!!!!!! ??
Old 02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
BR289
My Feedback: (106)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have both the 3010's and 3305's and they work great in my UCD .46......They are a real good servo for the price!