Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14MZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:09 AM
p47dman
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ

Have had problems with the playback feature. It will not work for any reason. Have file loaded in directory, will not open it nor play it. Spoke to Futaba support, they have no idea on how to use this radio, let alone instruct anyone else on how to do it. Have any of you used the playback feature yet?
Have you found the part in the manual that states that if you are using regular PCM or PPM then you only have 8 channels available?
They sure did not advertise that now, did they?
How many 350.00 RX's do you plan on buying to go with the new radio?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 AM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ

Yes I use the playback feature and it works fine. What part of it do you not understand. The music player will only play wma files. To use the music player put the wma file into the right folder (wma) on the compact flash and it will show in the player page. Choose the file from the list and press the play arrow, make sure the volume is turned up. Only wav files work for the switches , the wav file cannot be over 3 seconds as it will not play, you can record it with the transmitters mike or save switch sounds into the (wav) folder on the compact flash card from your computer, I have recorded 38 commands now and you download them from http://208.56.47.162/rcpage.htm and a lot of people like them. I first tried to load a recording at start up and it would not work, it was very frustrating until I recorded a shorter soundbite. The radio has the same nine channels as the 9z when you use pcm 1024 and ppm modulation, the ninth channel ( an on off switch only as before) is on the second page of the function menu, it is labeled DG1. You will also see it in the servo monitor. It is the simplest radio to use that I have ever touched beyond a skysport 4, the lhs owner was amazed that I had all the sounds programmed and 4 planes programmed by the next day after I bought it. I wasn't going to buy many 14 channel rx's at first but now believe that I will buy at least 3 more due to the programming simplicity for some of my planes. The nine channel 319dps looks as if it will be my general workhorse for $179. I will gradually phase out my 149's. You never know but they may bring out a higher channel none synthesized soon, we will see. I have also heard 12 channel rumours but that might just be a leftover from the secrecy surrounding the 14mz.
Good Luck
Paul