Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What is Mixing Features of Comp. Radios

Old 02-16-2005, 12:50 PM
oracle_9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Mixing Features of Comp. Radios

Hi,

I read computer radios offer things like aileron-rudder, elevator-flap, flap-elevator, flapperon, detla, v-tail. They also say there are like 3-6 programmable mixes you can use.

Looking at 3 mixes, Does this mean like I can combine flap-elevator with flapperon, and include a aileron to rudder....thats 3 types combined?
Or I can only use one type...like only use elevator-flap...and nothing else.

This is just a general question in sense.
But I have an eye out for a JR 6102 radio if ya need to know.

Can someone clear this confusion for me, since I am new to this computer stuff.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is Mixing Features of Comp. Radios

Programmable or free mixes are those that you make up. Many of us use them all the time.
-Some radios have dual elevator as a pre-installed mix, but for other radios you need to mix elevator and some aux channel.
-Mix throttles on twins so you can set each side individually, then combine for flying.
-Mix to cure roll and pitch in knife edge and vertical dives.
-Mix for an on-board glow. You can adjust the glow servo without messing with your throttle servo, them mix the 2.
-Mix for a 3-channel set-up. Put the rudder on rudder channel, then use aileron-rudder mix at 100% so you can steer on the ground with your left hand, but also in the air with your right.
-Mix spoilers to move the same direction as elevator when your elevator-flap mix is doing flaperons.
-Mix throttle-throttle with a multi-point mix to get a throttle curve.

There are some more that aren't pre-installed, but off the top of my head, I can't remember. And, yes, you can use all of them that you have programmed at the same time.

The 6102 is an excellent radio. I fly a JR 8103, but a budy has the 6102 and his has everything mine does except it only has 3 mixes instead of 6. One good thing about the 6102 is normally the gear channel is useless unless you have retracts or maybe a bomb drop. On the 6102, you can turn the gear switch off and use channel 5 as a mixing channel. This means you really get to use all 6 channels. In my opinion, this feature ought to be on all computer radios.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:48 PM
oracle_9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is Mixing Features of Comp. Radios

I mostly fly sailplanes. I might be interested in flying electric sailplanes in the future, just to try them out.

For a sailplane, I typicaly use RES type. 3 ch control. (rud/elev/spoilers). I may need dual/expo rates. When Spoilers are used, some elevator compensation may be required, and if I use rudder, a little elevator is needed. I may use flaps in a future project which would be 4 channels, but using 5 servos.

For the electric sailplane I might be making, it requires throttle control for the BEC/EST, rud and elev, and flapperons. Functions I need for this plane is combining rudder with flapperons, elevator with flapperons. So if I understand right from what you stated, I can do these mixes on the JR 6102?

These are technically what I need so far for a comp. radio to do. And I think the 6102 might be ok for now....right?