Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rx and Tx compatability?

Old 02-17-2005, 11:50 PM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx and Tx compatability?

Hi all, I've got a Hitec 555 reciever for use with a JR transmitter. If I change the crystal in the rx, will it work with my new Futaba radio? I'm confused on the neagative and positive shift.
Thanks, Mike
Old 02-18-2005, 01:24 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Rx and Tx compatability?

No it will not function with both Tx's. JR is positive shift only, Futaba is negative shift only And the 555 can be ordered with either shift to match your Tx and in this case your 555 is a positive shift version. Hitec has a version of the Supreme that is selectable for both shifts but the 555 is either/or.

John
Old 02-18-2005, 01:24 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Hitech and futaba both transmit in the negative shift modulation . the Jr and the airtronics transmits in the positive shift. you can use any hitech radio with futaba recievers , or vice verso as long as they are the fm recievers. the PCM you must use brand spicific.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:41 AM
JohnBuckner

[quote]ORIGINAL: rccrazedman

you can use any hitech radio with futaba recievers , or vice verso as long as they are the fm recievers. the PCM you must use brand spicific.
[/quote

Close but not quite: You may not be able to use just any Hitec FM (PPM) Rx with a Futaba Tx. All Hitec FM Rx's are manufactured in both positive and negative modulation shifts except the one model that works both shifts the Selectable shift Supreme (there are non selectable Supremes also). The problem here and you see this all the time is if you mistakenly order a positive shift version for a Futaba Tx or acquire say a used Hitec Rx. it may or may not be a negative shift version.

John
Old 02-18-2005, 12:46 PM
WMB

OK, great. My confusion is cleared up a bit now. I'm not going to try it, but I bet a - shift will shoot down a + shift on the same channel.
Thanks, Mike
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 PM
JohnBuckner

ORIGINAL: WMB

I bet a - shift will shoot down a + shift on the same channel.
Thanks, Mike

Oh you Bet just as (aginst the popular misconception) AM, FM (PPM) and FM(PCM) modulation types are all capable of shooting each other down given sufficient duration of interferance.

There seems to be inroads being made with the so called smart Rx's that are capable of recognition of its Tx's footprint but this is very new for RC usage and the subject for a differant thread.

John[8D]
Old 02-19-2005, 09:12 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

ok true true I did not mention the shift selectable receivers of hitech.