RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

7c help

Old 02-18-2005, 01:41 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 7c help

I have a 7Cap radio and I'm trying to set ut up for the quad flap airplane the ultra stick. I'm not exactually shure what my problem is I can't figure it out. I have my ailerons on 1 and 6 and my flaps are on channels 5 and 7 . now I have the elevator to flap function turned on. I also have it set to use just flaps. now I am trying to setup the airbrake function with the up flaperons and the down flaps and elevator. I have the a brake turned on which sets up the flaperons and the elevator. I have my three mixes mixed as follows : p mix 1 is ofset is master and 7 is slave with the rate set to +100. mix 2 is ofset is master and 5 is slave with the rate to +100. mix 3 is offset master and 5 slave again with the rate at -100 set to a switch E. I went to para and channel 5 null and channe seven is set to switch E. when I switch E foward I get the flaps. I flip my three position switch to back I get the eilevator to flaperons, center gives me normal flying and the foward is for airbrake. I get the elevator down and the two ailerons up , I aslo get the left flap (channel 5) go down and the right flap (channel 7) doesn't respond except for a tine movement. what is wrong with this setup ? I'm starting to think something is wrong with the radio . it's brand new and this is the first plane I'm setting up with it. so is there something wrong with the radio or the way I have it set ?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 7c help

This FAQ may help you:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c-q774.html
Old 02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
rccrazedman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is what I was using to set up the radio . I have gone to the futaba website prior to bying the radio and I printed this page out. I went with what they said to do in the programing and this is what I turned up with . I originally thought it might have been one of the servo extensions but when I plugged a different servo into channel seven. The problem follwed the channel to the new servo so I know that the servo and the extensions isn't bad. so then I thought the problem might be in the radio with the programable mix so I tried one of the other mixes but got the same thing. so I was thinking posibly reciver ? I seriously just don't know. and while I'm at it I also have another question. is the airbrake function not switch assinable that I can't take it off the 3 way switch ? if so how do you do this ?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:44 PM
rccrazedman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

God am I an idiot ! This baffled me for three days until finally playing around with it again, and it hit me like a brick. I was trying to see what was wrong with my mix setting when I was playing around with the rates and as I moved the rates from the + to the - side and discovered that the servo started to bind becuase I ran out of servo travel. I found that I had the servo reversed on channel seven. I reversed channel 7 and then found the arm turned to a angle pointing to the trailing edge of the wing. I remounted it and fixed the mix to the + side again and everything was ok. I can't believe myself
Old 02-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey my wife is from Mount Carmel, PA!

So did you figure out the airbrake assignability thing? I don't think you can move it, I spent a few hours trying to figure out all the programming for a Funtana the other day and besides needing to use channel 6 for the second aileron to get some of the built in mixes to work, I couldn't find a way to move airbrake... oh well, I guess I really didn't need triple rates.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:40 PM
rccrazedman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I looked back in the book and the airbrake function is not ajustable in the fact that it operates on switch G only.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:44 PM
rccrazedman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you say your wife is from Mt. Carmel ? So what flying fields do you go to ? I heard of one over in Sacremento and I wanted to find out where this is because it seem to be a little closer then the ones in Port Treverton and in Exchange.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, we live in northern Virginia now. I've only been to Mt. Carmel a couple times and never looked for flying fields we were there such a short time. Nice area and more relaxed than DC metro.

So are there good hobby stores around there? Next time we're up I should check them out!
Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
rccrazedman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only one around here is in Montoursville witch unfornatuly for me is an hour drive.