RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio South

Old 02-18-2005, 09:40 AM
b717doc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio South

Sent my JR radio to Radio south nearly a month ago,,,,,nobody can seem to tell me the status of my radio.....Radio south says Horizon Hobby has it, and will call when ready, Horizon Hobby says maximum 3 days on all radio repairs....but will not disclose any information on my radio, and now, radio south will not answer phone......VERY FRUSTRATING.....you simply can't get good service anymore........Next Radio will be FUTABA, and if it needs servicing,,,,I will not use radio south.....
Old 02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
s. wallace
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Radio South

I have always had excellent service from Radio South, both with radio service as well as online
orders from their catalog. Sorry to hear you're having problems. Let us know the final outcome.

Scott
Old 02-18-2005, 10:14 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You should have sent it directly to JR. That means Radio south F**Ked up and had to send it to JR. I had a simular problem with a LHS store replacing the litth battery. the LHS had to send it to jr to fix it.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:22 PM
hankpajari
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I believe Radio South's headquarters were severely damaged during the storms that went thru Florida. That may explain why it was sent out for repair.

I have NEVER heard anything negative about Radio South's service. Quite the contrary.

I am sure they will make it right.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:28 PM
b717doc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I certainly hope so. as it sux being without a radio.......
Old 02-18-2005, 02:28 PM
will

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Radio South has been repairing radios probably longer than you've been in modeling. Perhaps they found a factory warranty issue and send it to JR for resolution. Your LHS is not in the radio service business, Radio South is

Old 02-18-2005, 02:36 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My LHs store was a autheroized repair center. An I dought his radio was under warrenty. Jr is very strict about what information to give on how to repair their radios.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:51 AM
b717doc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you can say that again, they won't even admit they have it......some kind of secret laboratory or something.....maybe top secret stuff goin on there???[>:][>:]
Old 02-20-2005, 03:15 PM
skyhawk172n
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Having done business with Radio South for about 15 yrs now, I've never had a problem that Tony take care of to my satisfaction. Example: about 3 years ago I bought a Hitec 8ch rx and when I tried to use it, the rx was bad. I sent it back to him, he found a bad solder joint from the factory, repaired and returned to me. I put it up for later use, and got it out a few months ago, similar problem again. Remember, 3ysr old, and he doesn't know what I've done with it in the meantime, but he took it back, and sent me a brand new one. And Futaba is not immune to problems; after about 9 months the xmit module in my new 9C went bad. I sent him the radio on a Monday, got it back Friday, no charge. I certainly don't buy enough gear for me to be a "high value customer" but still, he FIXED the problem. All at prices that will make "Large Mail Order Heaven" look silly. When I buy R/C gear some of it comes from my LHS, but most from Radio South. And, yes, he was shut down for about 2 weeks due to loss of power from the hurricane, but he didn't suffer serious damage. (his description, not mine) Money spent with Radio South is well spent...
Roy
Old 02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
ponderosa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I sent a non-working receiver to Radio South which was returned as no good. Not having any other receiver I sent it to a different repair shop out of RC Report ad. The receiver came back fixed. Cold solder joint. I reported it to Radio South and got a response that "cold solder joints are hard to find" Consequently any new repair will not be sent there.