Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba S9254 Digital Servo and 6V Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:32 PM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba S9254 Digital Servo and 6V Battery

Has anyone used the S9254 Servo on a 6V battery pack. Futaba does not recommend it, but will it fry the servo?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:59 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba S9254 Digital Servo and 6V Battery

The reason futaba limits the voltage to 4.8v is because a charged 5 cell can have enough voltage to fry the servo. Ther servo will reportedly run fine at a regulated 6v. I think adding a regulator is just adding another thing to go wrong, so I opted to go with a high capacity 4 cell Rx pack in my heli. Best bet is to go to [link=http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com]cheapbatterypacks.com[/link] and make yourself a custom pack with the cells you like, it's very easy. My heli uses the GP 3300Mah cells, these have been giving me a good 5 or 6 flights before it's too low to safely fly.

sean
Old 02-21-2005, 08:32 PM
cornfused

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.8 or 6 volt I have 6 3151 digital servos futaba calls for 4.8 only can i go 6 volt I need the extra ounces to make the minimum for a sig 300 extra
Old 02-21-2005, 08:43 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go 4.8V pack, OR 6V regulated.

Make the plane as light as you can. There is no minimum weight for airplanes, as lighter is better. Make sure you have a pack of sufficient capacity. 6 digi servos will eat up juice quick. If you are using NiMH make sure your packs can handle the high discharge rate. I wouldn't use a pack thats under 2000Mah with 6 digi's.

Sean