Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR radio questions

Old 02-20-2005, 08:43 PM
gr8johnson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR radio questions

I picked up a JR XP783a TX. But it did not come with the "module" on the back or a charger. I do not know anything about JR radios. So what is the module for? Where can I get one? How much do they cost? I went to the JR site and it just sends you to hobby lobby. any info would be great. thanks. I guess if it cost too much i will just sell it. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR radio questions

They are the RF module that controls the frequency of your transmitter. Horizon Hobby has them. Search their site or call for one on the frequency of your choice, including ham frequencies.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:03 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they are around $80 for the module and 12-20 for the charger.

Shop around.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:22 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure to get a JR charger for it. The polarity is opposite of everyone else's. If you use the wrong one you damage the radio.

JRPC222 is the part number I think...saw it in an old catalog. Or, might find someone local with an extra one.