Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

When is Hitec's new AIRBORNE Spread Spectrum radio going to be available?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

When is Hitec's new AIRBORNE Spread Spectrum radio going to be available?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 05:07 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default When is Hitec's new AIRBORNE Spread Spectrum radio going to be available?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35015.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	234748  
Old 02-25-2005, 07:35 PM
The PIPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When is Hitec's new AIRBORNE Spread Spectrum radio going to be available?

And I wonder...can us HAMS use THAT one???

Dear Mr_Matt:

The PIPE Here once more...heading off to the WRAMS Show on Saturday morning...!

I'll be checking in at the Hitec booth there to ask ABOUT that "spread spectrum" 2.4 GHz module setup...as from what I read at http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/reg...ocate.html#23c , at the BOTTOM of that page concerning Ham (Amateur Radio Service) frequency bands above 1.3 GHz...

"All modes and licensees (except Novices) are authorized on the following bands [FCC Rules, Part 97.301(a)]:

2300-2310 MHz
2390-2450 MHz"...

...and I'd bet that either (for RC Service band usage) that those modules are already set up to operate ABOVE 2.45 GHz (but below 3.30 GHz, where another Ham band begins), OR could be "tweaked" to operate WITHIN the 2.39-2.45 GHz Ham bandwidth for people like yours truly...!

That might work GREAT with a Gordon Anderson MicroStar Tx encoder...I've got TWO of those myself (but only one IN an RC radio right now)...and I'll be asking around about THOSE new Hitec RF items at the WRAMS Show, you can bet on that!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:01 PM
mr_matt

Default RE: When is Hitec's new AIRBORNE Spread Spectrum radio going to be available?

Anyone can use radios that operate on the ISM band (it is unlicensed). THe ISM band was taken from the HAMs a long time ago, although I believe HAMS are still the primary users on that band.

I assume this module is spread specturm, the flyer says DSS Frequency hopping which does not make sense to me, I thought it had to be direct sequence OR frequency hopping. There are hybrid systems but I would be shocked if this was one of them.

Looks alot like the Horizon system......
Old 02-26-2005, 03:36 AM
Graeme Marion

There is a little more information here.
[link]http://www.hitecrcd.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000141[/link]
Old 02-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Graeme Marion

Here is a lot more information.
[link]http://www.maxxtraxx.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=5166[/link]

Old 02-26-2005, 04:13 AM
Graeme Marion

Here is the handbook.
[link]http://www.spektrumrc.com/Media/PDF/SPM-instructions.pdf[/link]
Old 02-26-2005, 09:57 AM
mr_matt

Spektrum RC is the name of the product marketed by Horizon, designed by Paul Beard originally. It is for surface use only. Totally different company.

The one in this ad is supposedly design for AIRCRAFT. Huge, huge difference.