Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Retract Servo power set up....

Old 02-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Huntster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retract Servo power set up....

A little back ground first. I installed retracts into my Ultra Sport and I need additional tail weight so I am putting the retract servo on it's own 270Mah Battery so that added weight will not be just lead but will be working for me.
I took the Servo connector apart so that the only wire left on the Servo connector is the Signal wire. I took both the Positive and Negative wires off the retract connector and put them on their own female connector and pluged that into the 270mah battery.

I have the signal wire plugged into the Rx and the + and - wires into the spare battery. The Retracts worked before I started and aren't working now with my new set up.

Does the servo need more than just the signal wire going to the Rx to work? Maybe the - wire too.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want the retract servo to lock up and drain the main flight pack and lock up my flight servoes and do the plane in so since I need the additional weight I am trying this set up to add some insurance to my plane.

I hope this is enough info....ask questions if you need more info...Thanks in advance for your help. [&o]
Old 02-26-2005, 10:18 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Retract Servo power set up....

You need the negative wire as well. You have to have a common ground for the system.

Les
Old 02-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Huntster

Thanks Les. I'll give that a try and see how that works. I'll splice a wire in off the battery line and see how that works.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Huntster

Thanks Les! It works like a champ!!!! So now I have useable balast and a sence of security with the additional battery on the retracts.