Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Eclipse 7- reinforcing the handle

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 07:44 AM
csisfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7- reinforcing the handle

OK,

So it seems that my last Eclipse 7 had problems with the handle, it broke out of the plastic [:'(]. I was wondering, how did you reinforce it such that it does not break so easily?!

Old 02-28-2005, 09:50 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Eclipse 7- reinforcing the handle

I have had the same problem with both the Prism 7X and the Eclipse. For the ones that have already cracked its simple to just carefully drip a little thin CA in the crack. Now the handle stud threads are long enough to add some fiber washers top and bottom of the case. This cracking is caused by pushing down when the Tx is lying on its back and the handel. The solution is to reverse the handel 180 degrees so it does not protrude backwards but forward in front of the antenna.

This works on both the Prism and the Eclipse and have reversed all four of my Prisms as well as the Eclipse.

John