Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

My servos are dancing !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Radil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My servos are dancing !!!

Hii guys,

I have adopted some non-convention engine for my airplane. Its basically an automobile engine ( 3.5 Hp) and the plane weighs 40 lbs. I am using Futaba 6 exa radio control set. When I start the Engine, my servos are oscillating. I have used 7 kg-cm torque HITEC servos on flaperons. But I dont understand y tat is happening. Is that the radio waves emitted by dynamo-sparkplug or metal horn and connecting rod rubbing... etc...... Dynamo- sparkplug wire is not shielded. IF it has to be shielded wot kind of shielding wud u best opt for. I think vibrations shud nt be the isssue because there are damped neatly and vibrations are also not high. IS there any contribution from reciever also....[]

Please help me guys.....

Old 03-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: My servos are dancing !!!

It is very difficult to say what is happening using your descriptions. To the best of my knowledge, you need to first makes sure of the following: No metal to metal contacts that can vibrate (tight connection okay), use a resistor spark plug(s), if using electronic ignition keep seperate power supplies for the radio system and ignition system, if using a magneto, keep radio equipment located physically as far from the ignition system as possible, do not run any kill switch wiring near radio wiring, i.e. keep kill switch forward of firewall. It may help to use a spark plug cap although I have never had to do that. I'm sure others can give you a few more tips.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Radil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My servos are dancing !!!

Hey, Thanks. I am using a kill switch. Hmmm ... not so close to radio wiring but I think that might be contributing to this servo oscillations. Here the ignition is run on magneto and the throttle servo is close to the engine too. Oook thanks again... I ll try to rectify and get back to u guys...