Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

,,selectable switching between 12v & 24v,,,

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 01:48 PM
bofrcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ,,selectable switching between 12v & 24v,,,

Hey Guys!! I don't know if this is the right forum for this question,, but I sense there's a number of guy's that read this that are very knowlegable with electricity,,and electronics in general. ok,,here goes,,(I hope I'm explaining this right!),,I use 2 12v garden tractor battery's in my starter cart,, I'm using the big sullavan starter,,with that belt reduction drive system on 24v ok,,I also have an outlet for 12v,,for use with all the normal field support chargers and stuff,, but I'm taking it off just one battery. I've heard there's a switch,,from the trucking field,,and also marine use,,that you can select either 12v or 24v. BUT!!,,their big,,,and expensive!!,,Does anybody know of a way to use a,,,say,, double throw,,double pole hi amp toggle type switch,,or something along that line?? (I'm just useing the switch discription as a example). I'm no expert with this stuff,,heck,,I DO know that red is positive and black is negitive!!,,,but not much more than that,,LOL,, hope you guy's understand what I'm trying to do!!,,LOL,, anyway,,,thanks for any reply's!,,
Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ,,selectable switching between 12v & 24v,,,

the battery and charger forum would probably be a better place for your question...

the problem with ordinary "cheap" switches is the high current they'll need to pass.

dave