Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics RD8000

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:14 AM
motox21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics RD8000

Are the Airtronics RD8000 radio systems any good? Also, when using the dual elevator mix, is the trim linked for BOTH elevator servos? Any info is appreciated.

Terry
Old 03-18-2005, 10:11 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

Default RE: Airtronics RD8000

I have th elittle brother and RD6000 sport, I really like the way the menu and programming is done on this radio it's logical and easy to set up even without the manual.
I believe the trim is set for both srvos when linked but I'm not sure.

They are good radios
Old 03-18-2005, 11:39 PM
CP140

I too have the RD8000's little brother(RD6000). I would happily buy another... although if I was looking to get another, I'd have to consider the RD8000. I did have some trouble with mine initially(involving a bad throttle pot) but it was fixed most satisfactorily by the folks at Airtronics.... in a way that made me a die-hard Airtronics fan.

The fact that you can change which shift you transmit allows you to use anybody's (FM, not PCM of course) receiver on the same channel and the ease of programming is a definite plus... you won't have to carry the manual to the field with you!

As for whether the trim works both servos in dual elevator setup... I imagine it does, but I can't tell you for certain... I'd suggest emailing or calling Airtronics(www.airtronics.net) or posting your question on the Airtronics users group on Yahoo to get a definite answer.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:18 AM
PlagueWielder

I have a RD8000 and its a very good radio. Has pretty much anything I need and will need in the future. I dont know about the trim for both elevators, I imagine the trim affects both servos because theres no point in this mix if it doesnt.. go to Airtronics' website and download the manual.

http://www.airtronics.net/2004_manuals.htm
Old 03-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only assume the trim controls both elevator servos, even though the manual doesn't specifically say it. Just go to the above referenced link and turn to page 58.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:54 PM
motox21

Thanks for all the info folks! I had already checked the manual and have since emailed Airtronics with the same question. Still waiting to hear from them. Thanks again!!

Terry