Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C books

Old 03-19-2005, 09:50 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba 9C books

It seems a good idea to get either the book on the 9C by Higley, or Annmarie Cross. But, I have no idea how to tell which is best except by asking. Anyone seen either or both and care to compare or mentiong good/bad points about them? It's a bit expensive to buy both to see......
Old 03-20-2005, 03:07 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C books

Don't know anything about Higley but Annmarie is one of our own. My money would go to her
Old 03-20-2005, 09:07 PM
blw

I would tend to agree with you on this side of the border, but I think the money goes to a European publisher. I didn't know she was Canadian though.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:42 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

I have both books, so perhaps I can offer my own comparison.

Higley Book
If you have never owned a computer radio and perhaps have some apprehension about computer stuff in general, this might be for you. Consider it an absolute beginner book only. Similar to Higley's ARF book. If you've already owned ANY other computer radio (5 or 6 channel), don't waste your money.

AMC Book
Ann Marie's book is a good supplement to the factory manual, and gives some good inside information on mixing, etc that I never really understood prior to reading it. I learned how to mix throttle-to-throttle, for instance, after I read the section "Thinking Like a 9C". It's not "cookbook" oriented like the original factory manual (which she had a major hand in authoring). By that, I mean it doesn't necessarily walk you through how to set up a 4-servo wing plane like an UltraStick, step by step. The factory manual and online FAQ's do a good job of that. However, I found it to be very good if you are willing to spend some time to read and understand it. The concepts in it that I learned, I've applied to my 14MZ as well. Recommended.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 PM
blw

rcaddiction,

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I'll get the book by Ann Marie since I had a 7C and liked it a lot. I had noticed that "Thinking like a 9C" chapter and thought it could be good if done right. Looks like you answered that question.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
FHD

How can i get the book on the 7C by Annamarie Cross?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Frank
Old 03-22-2005, 03:36 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks, Lee! I really appreciate your kind words, and am thrilled you found the "thinking like a 9C chapter" helpful!

To the gentleman who asked, if you'd like to get a look at my Futaba 9C book before buying, please feel free to visit my horse rescue's website, where you can view several pages. It'll let you get a feel for how the book is written, etc.

BTW, I'm not Canadian -- I live in Illinois -- and all author's royalties go directly to the charity I run. The publisher IS Traplet -- arguably the world's largest for RC items -- with the hopes of having the book get international sales in that manner. It seems to have worked pretty well! :-)

PS: There is a 7C book coming soon! Sorry, no pages on the website for it yet....

AnnMarie Cross
www.cwer.org
Old 03-22-2005, 05:22 PM
RCAddiction

Hey, AMC!!!

I tried to email your home email a couple of weeks ago when my 14MZ arrived at Venture. First one, just like the 9C you packed for me!

Lee Eckert
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 PM
blw

Anne Marie,

I ordered your book on the 9C today.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:40 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Hiya guys!! Just gotta brag and be happy...Tower/Great Planes are now stocking both teh 7C and 9C books, so they are now much easier to get in the states.

PLUS, i just received 10 more copies of the 7C book direct from Traplet..so, if anyone would like an autographed copy, i'm asking for $19.95 plus mailing please. again, all funds go to the charity...Traplet writes the royalty check right to them, and if you paypal you can do it to info (at) cwer (dot) org, or email me and I'll provide you mailing info.

There are sample pages on our website at www.cwer.org (go to info, then rc-support) for details!

Have a great winter, all, can't wait for flyign/riding season to be back!!!

AMC
Old 01-13-2007, 06:37 PM
RCAddiction

Great news, AMC. Congratulations to you and the horsies!