Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

QUESTION ABOUT RECIEVERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 07:24 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION ABOUT RECIEVERS

IM NEW TO THE SPORT OF BUILDING PLANES HAVE BOUGHT RTF PLANES UNTIL NOW I BOUGHT AN AIRTRONICS VG6000 COMPUTER RADIO WITH A 5 CH RECIEVER MY QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO USE AIRTRONICS RECIEVERS OR CAN I USE ANY RECIEVER LIKE HITEC OR FUTABA AIRTRONICS DOESNT HAVE A GOOD SELECTION AND R A LITTLE PRICEY ANY RESPONSE WOULD HELP THX
Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
rctrax

Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT RECIEVERS

YOU WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A RX THAT OPERATES ON POSITIVE SHIFT SUCH AS JR OR ONE THAT HAS SHIFT SELECT SUCH AS SOME HITEC RX'S FUTABA AND MOST HITEC OPERATE ON NEGATIVE SHIFT. AIRTROMICES AND JR USE POSITIVE SHIFT
Old 03-25-2005, 08:11 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, first off, turn off your cap locks. You don't need to shout.
Hitec make makes all of their FM receivers available in the Airtronics shift, JR FM receivers are the same shift as Airtronics. I am not sure of the VG6000, but many of Airtronics transmitters are "shift selectable" and can be set to use Futaba FM receivers as well. If you have the new style "Z" connectors (blue), they will plug into, and work with all but the older style (black) Airtronics receivers.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

thx guys that answers my questions i did go to towerhobbies and notice that some hitec recievers will work with airtronics they seem to be a little cheaper i thought buying a nice radio and having just 1 radio for all planes was a good idea expense wise but turns outby the time i buy recivers and servos for all of them no cost savings but thats ok i like building them my first plane was the wright flyer because it came with motors battery and esc all i needed to do was put the stuff that came with radio but now im hooked thx again guys this forum has been great for me being a newbee

off to buy another plane i think the ultrafly cessna 182 will be my next project
Old 03-26-2005, 02:59 AM
XJet
Banned

Instead of worrying about "shift" and the like, just buy yourself a "smart" receiver such as the Berg DSP series or Sombra Shadow.

These receivers are clever enough to work out what the shift of your transmitter is (they automatically work with positive or negative shift), plus they'll protect you from the effects of even relatively high levels of interference.

Some of the models even have failsafe just like a PCM receiver -- but at a much lower price.

They're also very small, very light and very reliable.

These days I wouldn't be caught dead using a plain old FM receiver when there are so many better options available for the same or only a little more money.