Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitech synthesizer?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 08:20 PM
quehog
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitech synthesizer?????

I have q question about the hitech synthesizer. I am going to gas and I wanted to know if the hitech synthesizer will work with a pcm rx???
The synthesizer is in a Futaba pcm 1024. Any help would be great!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:28 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: hitech synthesizer?????

No it wont in pcm mode the transmitter and reciver have to be the
same brand.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:12 AM
rusirius

the spectra will work fine in either PPM or PCM... Though technically it's against FCC regs to use it in a futaba radio... shhhh, i won't tell if you dont...
Old 03-27-2005, 09:02 PM
rjmdubois

I've been flying Spectra with 149DP and 138DP for over than 3 years without a single issue.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a nutshell, a Futaba 8AU with a Hitec Spectrum module will work just as well with a standard FM (PPM) receiver of any brand compatible with negative shift signaling. or a Futaba 1024 PCM. The fact that it is illegal to use a Hitec Spectrum module in a Futaba TX is between you, your AMA insurance, and FCC. And, if I had my way it would be illegal to use it at our club field.

NOTE: A Hitec TX will only work with a Hitec PCM. A Futaba TX will only work with a Futaba PCM. The Pulse Codes used in their respective systems are proprietary and unique to the brand.

NOTE #2: There is now a Futaba 72mhz synthesizer available for all of the TX's compatible with the TP modules. I just received mine and installed it in my 9C. My initial range checks equal or exceed those I got from the standard FM TP/TK modules.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

This may be the second replay but I'm not sure the first was sent properly ... where did u obtain the Futaba Synthezier that works with the 9c and the the 8UAFS? Cost? and Availibility thanks
Mike Flanagan
Old 08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

This may be the second replay but I'm not sure the first was sent properly ... where did u obtain the Futaba Synthezier that works with the 9c and the the 8UAFS? Cost? and Availibility thanks
Mike Flanagan
Tower Hobbies: they are currently on backorder for late August. Also check on other vendors:

http://www.cma1193.com/vendors.htm