Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

WTB....Hitec Eclipse 7 or Optic 6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:18 PM
barmybovine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB....Hitec Eclipse 7 or Optic 6?

Hey all

I am pulling my hair trying to decide which transmitter to go for the Eclipse 7 or the Optic 6. I got the money ready to go and its burning a hole in me pocket
I know this question has been asked before but the answers in the thread left me even more confused than before.

I have a Stryker and have decided to take the plunge and buy myself a new setup. I think I have narrowed it down to the Eclipse 7 or Optic 6 but can't decide which is for me.
I want to buy a radio that will last me quite a while that I wont grow out of. I have an offer from a guy I know for a New Eclipse 7 with spectra 4 x HS-425BB servos. 2 Tx bat. packs a HFD-08RD Rx. and a nice lil carry case for the transmitter. He wants $320 but I think I can get him down to $280. Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks guys....
Old 04-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Matt G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTB....Hitec Eclipse 7 or Optic 6?

I have never used the optic 6 so can't comment on it, but have been using eclipse 7 for 3 years now with spectra module and am more than satisfied with it. I fly everything from small electric cubs to .90 size bipes and everything in between. If you go with eclipse you may think you wont use all channels or mixes but the more you use them the better it gets! I had sig seniorita and flew this simple three channel plane useing flaperons on outboard barndoor ailerons and channel 7 for inboard flaps and several mixes for elevator to flap and crow position, it was awsome! For the $ it is hard to beat for all the options and easy programming, only wish it had more model memory!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WTB....Hitec Eclipse 7 or Optic 6?

The Optic 6 FM/Q-PCM six channel computer aircraft radio system is available with power plane, sailplane and Heli programming.

Features: 6 Channel FM/PCM Signal, 8 Model Memory, Spectra Compatible, Shift select, Digital Trims, Model Name, Dual Timer, Channel reversing, Switch Assignability, two slider switches, EPA (End Point Adjustments for Servos), Dual Rates, Exponential, Fail Safe, Throttle Lock, Engine Cut, Three Flight Modes, 2 Open Mixes, Gyro Gain, Throttle Curves, Pitch Curves, Revo Mix, CCPM Mixing, Crow Mixing, Camber, Reflex and a dual elevator mix w/trim.

The Optic 6 PCM RX system is available for $245.00, standard RX system $210.00

The NEWEST Eclipse system with QPCM RX can be purchased NEW for $340.00. $18.00 more for a second TX battery from Radical RC. Also there is an early version and a later upgraded version with QPCM verses PCM, sounds like the one your contemplating is an older version with the 8 channel PCM RX.

Features;
7 Channel FM/PCM Signal, 7 Model Memory, Three Flight Modes, Fixed Wing, Glider & Heli, Optional Spectra Frequency Synthesizer
Digital Trims, 7 Character Model Naming, 5 Programmable Mixes (2 in Heli mode), 3 Conditional mixes per model memory, Model Copy, Sub-Trims, In-flight Timer & Alarm, Low Transmitter Battery Warning, End Point Adjustments for all channels, All channel servo reversing, Dual Rates on Channels 1 & 2, Exponential Rates on Channels 1,2 & 4, Data Reset to Defaults, Trainer Jack & Switch, Throttle Cut Switch