Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 8103 Tranny Question!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 09:16 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 8103 Tranny Question!!!!

I have a JR8103 Tranny which is a couple of years old, it does not have digital trims,, I am flying about 5-6 planes off of this tranny, my question was how do you save your trims after you fly one plane, as in switch to another model with the trims back in the center position,,right now I am having to re trim everytime I fly a different plane, thanks,,
Old 04-14-2005, 02:14 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: JR 8103 Tranny Question!!!!

Use the sub trim function in the radio. All 8103 have them.The digital trims are external usage only. Digital trims are the same as analog trims except you push the digital button to the side you want to be trimmed. With analog trims you need to move the lever to the side you want trimmed. The external trims are a quick adjustment only. Once you find the setting use the sub trims to to save the trim setting.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
bentgear

The older 8103's without digital trims have a function called Trim OFST (Trim Offset). After adjusting the trims where you need them, landing, shutting down the plane, etc, but before you turn the radio off go to the trim offset memory screen in the Function menu. Press the + or - key. Return the trim buttons to the center postion then press clear key. The offset you had applied to the trim buttons just became the new center point.

The big difference in the digital trim buttons is the radio automatically remembers the last trim setting for each model and keeps it in memory without you having to do anything else.

Ed M.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way it's done is to press Up & Down to go into the Functions menu.
Scroll up to find the correct Trim Offset or Trim Memory function. Usually this function is right after the mixes.
Press +
Center trim levers
Press Clear/Store

You are done.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:52 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Hey guys I appreciatte it ,, thanks,,,