Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mixing Transmitter and Recievers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Fewski
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing Transmitter and Recievers.

Would it be alright if I were to mix a Transmitter and Receiver together?

I have a Hitec Lynx Transmitter and thinking about buying a Futuba Reciever for it. The Hitec Transmitter is a 2 Channel AM Radio, the Futuba Receiver I'm thinking about is a 2 Channel AM also.

The Transmitter is on 27mHZ.

Would I just need to buy the Receiver and put the same Crystal in each one, so they are both on the same frequincey?

I do have 2 Hitec Receivers that came with the Transmitter, but I can't get any servos to fit into the connectors and the Hitec Servos are to much for what I'm doing.

Thanks for any information.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:46 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Mixing Transmitter and Recievers.

Yes that particular combination will work. Do not use the The Hitec Rx crystal in the Futaba Rx order a new Futaba Crystal for the Futaba Rx. on the same channel and band as your Tx.

John
Old 04-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Fewski
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

So buy a Hitec Transmitter crystal on Channel 4, and buy a Futaba Reciever crystal on Channel 4, and they should work together?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don,t changte the Tx crystal. Changing the Tx crystal will have the effect of detuning the Tx. Just buy a Futaba crystal for the new Futaba Rx that is the same channel number as that in the Tx. Always use the same brand crystal as the Rx you are plugging it into. Also since this is an AM Tx and Rx when you order the Rx make sure it is a AM Rx crystal as AM and FM crystals are not interchangeable.