Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FUTABA FAIL SAFE UNIT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 PM
zeek2165

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUTABA FAIL SAFE UNIT?

I recently purchased a FSU2 futaba fail safe unit for my Airforce airboat and in the directions it states "Nicd batteries only", I planned on using a NiMH (5) pack 6.0V 1100mAH hump battery. Will this be ok? I'm not sure if this battery will hurt the FSU2. Thanks![]
Old 04-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Krysta

Default RE: FUTABA FAIL SAFE UNIT?

Hi zeek2165,

The discharge curve of alkalines and NiMH cells is dramatically different from that of the NiCD cells for which this unit was designed. It will not provide you the warning at the appropriate time on other types of cells.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 04-20-2005, 01:48 PM
zeek2165

Default RE: FUTABA FAIL SAFE UNIT?

Thats what I was guessing. If I use this a Nimh battery will it harm the FSU2? So the FSU2 unit might see a false low battery or possible not see a low battery problem. I'm not worried as much on the battery running too low as I am worried about the receiver losing signal. Will this FSU2 be able to help me on this problem? Thank you for you timely response!